Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Did Studebakers ship with Antifreeze ????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Did Studebakers ship with Antifreeze ????

In checking many production sheets i cannot find antifreeze listed. The production dates are from february thru august 1963 and january thru april 1964. None of these show antifreeze listed anywhere ! Did studebaker include antifreeze in every production car ? As they needed it as most of the country was under freezing temperature> any thoughts ??

I’d imagine they used anti freeze , they sold it under their label . I have a full qt can of Studebaker anti freeze from that era .
    sigpic

Home of the Fried Green Tomato

"IF YOU WANT THE SMILES YOU NEED TO DO THE MILES "

1960 Champ , 1966 Daytona , 1965 Daytona Wagonaire

Comment

All Studebakers were tagged with the Radiator Tag that said a variation of this: Protected with S/P (later Studebaker) All Winter or Permanent Ethylene Glycol Anti Freeze.

This way all Cars would get the Anti-Rust additive protection regardless of whether or not they needed the freeze protection.
      In most cases, any "Standard" included items, were not called out and charged on the Window Sticker or Production Order.
      StudeRich
      Second Generation Stude Driver,
      Proud '54 Starliner Owner

Comment

In addition to preventing freeze-up, anti-freeze also protected against boil-over in hot climates.
        I'm sure all vehicles left the factory with anti-freeze installed.
        "All attempts to 'rise above the issue' are simply an excuse to avoid it profitably." --Dick Gregory

Brad Johnson, SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
        Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
        sigpic'33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight, '53 Commander Starlight "Désirée"

Comment

In some service letters I read that during the early 50's they would send the cars with or without antifreeze depending on the season. If I find the letter I will print it , Ed

Comment

Service Bulletin 324 May 1957 from index Sept 1958 shows as of April 29 will not be injected into production . I assume it would be started when cold weather was to start in fall . Would hope no cars would still be in storage at factory when freezing weather returned

Comment

Working...
            X