No announcement yet.

An important question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Dutch club is a Studebaker-Packard club, but it's not that awfully lot of those cars in Holland so ofcourse that matters.
    Just an input, pretty non-important...
    Last edited by Noxnabaker; 12-02-2019, 01:20 AM.
    sigpic

Josephine
    Champion V8
    4d sedan

Comment

Good question and provocation. With my experience knowing some of the cliques, personalities, and logistics involved, I would suggest it would not happen soon or even be rationally discussed.

Again, I believe it is a good question, and should be addressed in the future.

Comment

The dutch have combined both into one club: "Studebaker-Packard Club Nederlands"
        Lou Van Anne
        62 Champ
        64 R2 GT Hawk
        79 Avanti II

Comment

Originally posted by Lou Van Anne View Post
          The dutch have combined both into one club: "Studebaker-Packard Club Nederlands"
          Refer to post no. 16
          Gary L.
          Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
          Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

I agree with Deepinhock and StudeRich.
            Mak

Comment

I agree with STUDERICH & DEEPINHOCK

Comment

LOL I forgot it takes a few minutes to post

Comment

Originally posted by mch View Post
                  LOL I forgot it takes a few minutes to post
                  Don't worry, we've all been there. You will get through it as well.
                  Jake Robinson Kaywell: Shoo-wops and doo-wops galore to the background of some fine Studes. I'm eager and ready to go!

1962 GT Hawk - "Daisy-Mae" - she came dressed to kill in etherial green with a charming turquoise inside. I'm hopelessly in love!

Comment

I thought it was rather nice in 2007 when the both clubs shared the field at the fairgrounds in South Bend. I did enjoy looking at all the Packards that were there.

Craig

Comment

Originally posted by 8E45E View Post
                      I thought it was rather nice in 2007 when the both clubs shared the field at the fairgrounds in South Bend. I did enjoy looking at all the Packards that were there.

Craig
                      I, too, enjoyed that. My observation was that many of the Studebaker people looked over the Packards, but few of the Packard people looked over the Studebakers.
                      Gary L.
                      Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
                      Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

A few years ago(8 ?) when I first started the restoration on my '57 Clipper Wagon, I joined the Packard club ( I was already with the SDC) in order to source out required pieces. Perhaps it was just my case but I felt that I was being jaded because mine was referred to as a Packard-Baker by various vendors and I didn't get the feeling of much love being offered by the original Packard people. Like I stated perhaps it was just my case but the Studebaker suppliers
                        ( especially SI)went out of their way to assist me in my oddball quests.
                        Other's experiences may of course, differ.
                        Cheers, Bill

Comment

I doubt it would work any better than did the merger between the two companies. Leave it alone.
                          Home of the famous Mr. Ed!
                          K.I.S.S. Keep It Simple Studebaker!
                          Ron Smith
                          Where the heck is Fawn Lodge, CA?

Comment

Working...
                          X