What is with some people??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is with some people??

My wife was telling me today that she was at work today and her computer was giving her trouble...so she went down to the IT department and told the guy there about the problem and he said...

"Oh, it is just time to thow it away."
    My wife, was like " Oh really??"

The guy: "Yeah, just like an old car, it is no good for anything but the junk pile."

My wife: "Why do you say that? (refering to the cars)

the guy : "Because, they are worthless and are hard to fix"

My wife: "Well, you just said that to the wrong person. My husband happens to be a classic car nut. In fact, we own a 1963 Studebaker Lark."

THe guy : "Yeah...YOU own a STUDEBAKER..HA!"

My wife: "YES. And it is in really good shape as well!" (by this time, she was a bit peeved[:0])

The guy: "Oh..well why would you own a piece of junk like that, parts are probably impossible to get and it gets horrible gas mileage. You should tell your husband to send it to the scrap heap and get himself something new and reliable."

My wife: "Well, for you information, parts are NOT hard to get and are relatively cheap at that! And as far as gas is concerned, try getting any better out of one of those new SUV'S!!"

That is where she stopped telling the story, but seriously, what is wrong with some people?? The least he could have done was dropped the issue once my wife told him that we enjoyed Classic cars! Anyway, I guess I will never understand people like that...oofta[xx(].

1963 Lark Custom, 259 V8, TT, 4 doors, 2 tone paint. Driven often, always noticed. Man I love this car!!

People that think they know everything annoy those of us who do. Seriously though just let it go; the guys a jerk with no social skills. You should pity him rather than get mad. That kind of personality will make it hard to get thru life.

Cheers

Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain !

http://sites.google.com/site/intrigu...tivehistories/

(/url) https://goo.gl/photos/ABBDQLgZk9DyJGgr5

Comment

Who cares what that creep says? I'd laugh in his face. It is an honor and a privilidge to be insulted by people like that.

Comment

well, the truth is that anymore computers *aren't* worth fixing (much) - I've repaired my laptop twice now but in another year or two it will likely be cheaper to buy a new, faster one than repair whatever's wrong with this one. (and it cost about $1K new, but that was ~4 years ago - a new one with comparable speed is probably about $400ish on sale now)

nate

--
        55 Commander Starlight
        http://members.cox.net/njnagel
        --
        55 Commander Starlight

Comment

I agree with you on the computers. And i am not so much upset as i am unnerved. These are the guys who have potential to actively and willingly destroy peices of history that could never be recovered. It just blows my mind to know that there are people out theie like that. And as hard as i try. . . I just cannot understand them. By the way, the guy was in his mid 40's.

1963 Lark Custom, 259 V8, TT, 4 doors, 2 tone paint. Driven often, always noticed. Man I love this car!!

Comment

Give him a ride home someday. Maybe then he'll get it

nate

--
            55 Commander Starlight
            --
            55 Commander Starlight

Comment

Something "new" and "reliable"[:0] Those two words don't seem to go hand and hand.

1947 Studebaker M-5
              1948 Studebaker Land Cruiser
              1961 Studebaker Lark 4-dr. Sedan
              1947 Studebaker M-5
              1946 Studebaker M-5
              1948 Studebaker Land Cruiser
              1961 Studebaker Lark 4-dr. Sedan
              1951 Studebaker Land Cruiser

Comment

1961 car looks to be out of alignment. jimmijim
                sigpicAnything worth doing deserves your best shot. Do it right the first time. When you're done you will know it. { I'm just the guy who thinks he knows everything, my buddy is the guy who knows everything.} cheers jimmijim*****SDC***** member

Comment

hey, I am only in the 8th grade and most of my freinds are all caught up in driving their Dad's Tahoe but I think I have taught some of my freinds to recycle as in buy an old car and restore Studebaker or not just so they can enjoy somethind with character.

Alex Nelsen

1954 Champion Coupe, k body
                  Alex Nelsen, certified Studebaker nut.
                  Driving a 1954 Champion Coupe powered by a Chrysler 383.
                  Lizella, GA

Comment

I've worn out 3 laptops, but it still pains me to toss them in the trash.

JDP/Maryland
                    "I'm a great believer in luck and I find the harder I work, the more I have of it."
                    Thomas Jefferson
                    JDP Maryland

Comment

I agree about the computers, mine laptop is 5 years old and works pretty well, but I know it won't be long....well, you know.

About the Studebaker though, I know most of us have heard that before. I even get it from old car enthusiasts sometimes. Like mom always said, "If you haven't got anything good to day, don't say anything."

Joe Roberts
                      '61 R1 Champ
                      '65 Cruiser
                      Editor of "The Down Easterner"
                      Eastern North Carolina Chapter
                      Joe Roberts
                      '61 R1 Champ
                      '65 Cruiser
                      Eastern North Carolina Chapter

Comment

My computer has a name.

FRED

"Friendly" (ahem... You figure it out[}])
                        "Ridiculous"
                        "Electrical"
                        "Device"

It works.
                        Jeff[8D]

http://community.webshots.com/user/deepnhock
                        HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Comment

Yes, well... most people look at automobiles as just another appliance. For instance, would you try to log into this website with a Commodore computer or even an Eagle? Likewise, many people think the same way about old cars. They would no more think about driving a forty-five year old car than use a twenty plus year old computer. For people like me, that's really a good thing. I mean, if the demand for Studebakers went up, then I'd have to pay more for parts, service, and vehicles. It'd price me out of the market rather quickly if our stuff started bringing the same price as the vintage Chevy and Ford stuff. So, let the fella laugh at my fifty-two year old wagon. I'm likely paying between six hundred to a grand less a month than he is (for his SUV-stationwagon) to drive around town.[^]

Home of the famous Mr. Ed!
                          K.I.S.S. Keep It Simple Studebaker!
                          Ron Smith
                          Where the heck is Lewiston, CA?
                          Home of the famous Mr. Ed!
                          K.I.S.S. Keep It Simple Studebaker!
                          Ron Smith
                          Where the heck is Fawn Lodge, CA?

Comment

People do think alot different these days. Everything is disposable every few years.
                            Nelson, good to here that your talking to your friends about recycling
                            by buying & driving a Studebaker instead of a new vehicle. About 8yrs ago my niece was in middle school. She just loved my 64 Cruiser. One of her class projects was how to budget and run a household. Rent, utilities, vehicle, ect.
                            Her friends were into SUV's big houses ect. She used my Cruiser as her project car. With the price I paid for the car, maintenance, insurance, ect. She found that she could afford a nicer house than her classmates and drive a cooler car cheaper than her classmates.

Gordon

Comment

Nathan, I wouldn't get too upset. The guy is 40 and probably still living in his Mommy's basement. Having a job where anyone talks to him is his social skill. Computer obsolescence is another story. He's right about that, as Nate said. I won't ever get warm and fuzzy about my laptop in 50 years, or enthusiastically look for parts for it in South Bend.

Alex...you have an excuse for living in your Mommy's basement, (not that you are..kidding) but not for lack of spellcheck. Get to that homework first, and then to that '54, young man! [)] Easy, btw...my daughter's learning to drive in our Tahoe, but she has had a terrifying drive in the Lark last summer; terrifying because she was afraid to put it in the ditch. She didn't feel the same pressure with the Tahoe.

Comment

Working...
                              X