Hagerty's Quarterly Magazine Does It Again

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hagerty's Quarterly Magazine Does It Again

Received my Hagerty's Magazine yesterday and lo and behold on page 22-23 was an article titled "The Fabulous Fifties." Of the four cars featured was, you guessed it a Studebaker!!!

Here's the article they wrote:

[img][/img]

[img][/img]

Not quite as good as Mr. BP's article in Collectible Automobile but another great PR piece for Studebakers.
    sigpicSee you in the future as I write about our past

Nice to have the coverage, but one major error in the single paragraph. I am not presently a Hagertys' customer and do not receive the magazine now, so I am not the one to send them a correction of fact.

Gary L.
    Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
    Studebaker enthusiast much longer
    Gary L.
    Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
    Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Pricey magazine.
      Cost me almost $600 for a copy[V]
      Jeff[8D]
      HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Comment

But Jeff, that includes coverage for all of your fleet. My 4 issues a year cost about $900.00 but when needed they have always been there.
        sigpicSee you in the future as I write about our past

Comment

I don't get the magazine, probably never will.
          Sportscar Market magazine last year ran an article about Hagert's restoration of a stock, garden variety Porsche 911S that he owned since he was 14.
          No, I'm not having sour grapes about MY dad not getting me a Porsche 911 at 14.
          Rather, the article dealt with him spending $150,000 to restore a car that is worth a lot less(50%?,70%?)than that. It said he spent $30,000 on the engine alone when you could buy a new one from NOS parts for less. I recall that the interior was about $20,000. Say what? If I recall, we're talking VW-grade vinyl here, not current 911 leather
          Hey, whatever floats your boat. Far be it for me to tell a guy how to spend his money.
          But, this seems a bit beyond being car crazy and into the realm of silliness.
          And then having the bad taste to talk about about how much you overspent on it.

Sorry, Mr Hagerty, you have WAY TOO much money.
          So you probably don't need mine.

63 Avanti R1 2788
          1914 Stutz Bearcat
          (George Barris replica)

Washington State
          63 Avanti R1 2788
          1914 Stutz Bearcat
          (George Barris replica)

Washington State

Comment

Originally posted by JBOYLE
            " If I recall, we're talking VW-grade vinyl here, not current 911 leather"

My '61 T5 356B Super 1600 came with stock black German leather seats. But then, I only paid $2500 for the whole car back in 1981. You're right, but some people think any money we spend on old cars is silly. Big waste, or small waste appears to be relative.

Comment

Working...
            X