Looking to talk to present owner of Champion in Europe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking to talk to present owner of Champion in Europe

For 11 years l owned a very reliable '54 Champion Deluxe 4 door in Savannah Beige - and sold it to buy an M5 in 2000.

The car was sold new in Norton, Kansas and somehow ended up in the Calgary, Alberta area. l bot it, sight unseen, from a gentleman in Didsbury, Alberta. The gentleman l sold it to (from Niagara-on-the-Lake, Ontario) had it for only a very few years when he put an ad up on his golf club's bulletin board to help sell the car. Very oddly, a man visiting from the Netherlands saw the ad and took the car with him when he went back to Europe! This car really got around!

Imagine my surprise when l was looking up some Studebaker info in Wikipedia - and my computer is displays a picture of my old dear Champion. There are tell-tale signs in the picture that positively identify it as my former car. You can see it yourself - just go to Studebaker within Wikipedia and click on the "1954 Champion" post (is that the right word?) If you want, you can then go to Youtube and search "1954 Studebaker Champion", click on the Savannah Beige car with the handsome white-haired joker (boy l wish l could do that over again!) standing beside it, and there she is again. You'll note a slightly darker paint colour on the bottom of the fronts doors, in both posts, that makes the identification positive (the outer door bottoms were repainted because of stone chip damage when trailering it to Ontario from the back roads of Alberta).

The Wikipedia photo shows a credit of "Photo@Valkenburg, Netherlands, by Alfan Beem" . l'm hoping that someone in Europe would know who the current owner is and, of course l'd love to discuss the car and Studebakering with him/her.

Please PM me if anyone has info! Thanks!
    Roger Hill

60 Lark Vlll, hardtop, black/red, Power Kit, 3 spd. - "Juliette"
    61 Champ Deluxe, 6, black/red, o/d, long box. - "Jeri"
    Junior Wagon - "Junior"

"In the end, dear undertaker,
    Ride me in a Studebaker"

Why not try contacting "StudebakerPackardClub.nl", they're quite nice folks!
    sigpic

Josephine
    Champion V8
    4d sedan

Comment

Thanks. lll do that.
      Roger Hill

60 Lark Vlll, hardtop, black/red, Power Kit, 3 spd. - "Juliette"
      61 Champ Deluxe, 6, black/red, o/d, long box. - "Jeri"
      Junior Wagon - "Junior"

"In the end, dear undertaker,
      Ride me in a Studebaker"

Comment

STEWDI try also contacting Greg Diffen who is the editor of the Studebaker Owners Club UK magazine. Greg is well connected in the Studebaker community across Europe
        Richard
        sigpic

Comment

Working...
        X