New Old Guy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Old Guy

Not a Studebaker owner, yet. I was a member of this forum in the past, but haven't been around for quite awhile. When I decided to get back in I couldn't remember my username, so I made a new one. I've loved, hated, worked on and played with cars and trucks for 50+ years. No experience with Studebakers though, so I'm here to learn more and have fun.

Welcome young old man

Comment

I am new on here as well, recently picked up a 1941 M15, just starting the restoration

Comment

Welcome to the Forum Frank54. You have to come the right place for answers to questions, learning new things including things you did not know that you did not know, meeting fellow Studebaker enthusiasts, and learning some of the history of our favorite marque. This is a busy forum so, hang on and have fun!
        Ed Sallia
        Dundee, OR

Sol Lucet Omnibus

Comment

Welcome, both of you. rcameron, you might want to check out another forum: Studebaker Truck Talk. It is focused on the Stude trucks, with lots of knowledge to be tapped into.

Comment

Thanks for the warm welcome. I have been fascinated with Studebakers since I was about 12 years old. Mrs. Parker who lived at the end of my street had a 53 (I think) 2-door hardtop parked on the gravel street in front of her house for years. She let me look it over. I remember it had a V8. So I guess it was a Commander. Some where in my stuff is a black-n-white snapshot I took with my Brownie Hawkeye camera. If I can find it I will scan and post it.

Edit: Well, I found 2 poor quality pictures. I will try to upload them as one image. Maybe it will be clear enough to tell what it is. Thanks
            Last edited by Frank54; 11-06-2019, 09:30 AM.

Comment

Comment

Do I see some sort of bumper rider/nose protector that I see in the right hand photo?
                Don't know that I've seen one like that before; homemade?

Comment

Frank54 , welcome back to the Forum! I found your old account and merged it with this one so you get credit for all your posts now Glad you've returned!

Clark in San Diego | '63 Standard (F2) "Barney" | http://studeblogger.blogspot.com

Comment

Skyway, I don’t know/ remember anything about that grille guard. Thanks Showbizkid.

Comment

Looks almost like a rear over-ride kit from a rear '52 turned around for the front..... interesting.

Comment

Cameron,
                        Great picture. You should have just "Mooned" us which would have been justified & appreciated.
                        Frank,
                        Hat's off to you. You're able to post a picture just like that and I've been part of this forum for 5 years and still haven't figured it out.
                        Welcome to you both.
                        "Every man I meet on the street is superior to me in some respect, and from that I can learn."
                        R.W. Emerson

Comment

I have been away for a couple of months. No progress yet on getting a Studebaker. Please don’t throw rocks, but I am also interested in other brands, including Dodge, Desoto, and Dodge and International trucks. And of course Chevy trucks. So, I don’t know yet what I may end up with. I’m in no hurry... 😎

Comment

Originally posted by Frank54 View Post
                            Thanks for the warm welcome. I have been fascinated with Studebakers since I was about 12 years old. Mrs. Parker who lived at the end of my street had a 53 (I think) 2-door hardtop parked on the gravel street in front of her house for years. She let me look it over. I remember it had a V8. So I guess it was a Commander. Some where in my stuff is a black-n-white snapshot I took with my Brownie Hawkeye camera. If I can find it I will scan and post it.

Edit: Well, I found 2 poor quality pictures. I will try to upload them as one image. Maybe it will be clear enough to tell what it is. Thanks
                            Yes, it appears to be a 1953 Starliner (K body) [hardtop]. If it had a V8, it was a Commander. Besides the front bumper treatment, the car appears to have different wheels/wheelcovers. The car was already an "old" car when the picture was taken.
                            Gary L.
                            Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
                            Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Frank,
                              Come out to Arizona We have several cars here just depends on what you want. Our chapter has been active since 1975 and there are some great cars that some people would be persuaded to part with. Here is an example of one you could drive back to Illinois.

https://tucson.craigslist.org/cto/d/...056850471.html

If you want a car to work on, those are available here at the chapter including a 1938 Commander Sedan, 1952 Commander 4 door and 1962 Lark. Just depends on what your desires are

Comment

Working...
                              X