It's a Miracle!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's a Miracle!

Went to a show today in Yale, OK. Witnessed a miracle. He saw the Studebaker, and WALKED!
    Attached Files
    sigpic
    Dave Lester

Ha ! That coupe would affect me the same way if I was down and out ! Remember, as they say "Studebaker was ahead of their time", so this could be in reference to "miracle drugs" too !

Comment

Let's not make fun of other's cars anymore- we'll just make fun of handicapped persons from now on.
      Oglesby,Il.

Comment

I guess that it was meant more for humour, than to make fun of the guy. He is obviously able to stand and walk, but likely not for long distances. If it takes a power chair to get him out to see the car show, good for him. The reference to a 'miracle' made me chuckle.

Comment

Surprisingly, there are some guys that can still stand and walk, yet due to legitimate medical reasons can no longer walk excessively. Yet they are not dead or paralyzed, and find that some mobility vehicle helps them. Usually it’s a tough thing to accept their condition, then another challenge to use a scooter, knowing that some people who have been lucky enough to not need one (yet) are going to make fun of them.

I would know, since at only 58 years of age I am now in that category, due to advancing rheumatoid arthritis. I couldn’t bring myself to get one of those scooters, but I did buy an electric front wheel drive trike. So far I only use it at major large events- it was a godsend this year at Hershey. I probably won’t have it back out of storage until spring but if you like, remind me and I’ll take a picture of me on it so you can make fun of me

On another subject, if anyone wants to know more about mine I can give you details. The basics are it holds up to 400 pounds, can go up to 30 miles on a charge, the top speed of 22 mph in high gear. It weighs about 70 pounds, and folds flat so that it can fit in most any car trunk. $1800. Other than accepting that I needed it, it has been great. If someone is interested in getting one I have more information you should know before you buy. Here’s the link to the one I bought.

https://euroshine.com/product/euro-scooter/
          Proud NON-CASO

I do not prize the word "cheap." It is not a badge of honor...it is a symbol of despair. ~ William McKinley

If it is decreed that I should go down, then let me go down linked with the truth - let me die in the advocacy of what is just and right.- Lincoln

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Ephesians 6:10-17
          Romans 15:13
          Deuteronomy 31:6
          Proverbs 28:1

Illegitimi non carborundum

Comment

Pfffffft!

Shameless plug and paid actor to boost yo' chances, eh Dave???

Just Kidding! (you know me)

Comment

Originally posted by tsenecal View Post
              The reference to a 'miracle' made me chuckle.
              Me too!

Originally posted by 52hawk View Post
              Let's not make fun of other's cars anymore- we'll just make fun of handicapped persons from now on.
              ​​​​​​​
              Am I, just insensitive? This Gentleman, appreciates the beauty of Dave's Stude, just as we do! How are we, making fun of him? Somehow I missed that part.

Mark
              ​​​​​​
              sigpic

S2Deluxe = (5H - C3).

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Andrews View Post

On another subject, if anyone wants to know more about mine I can give you details. The basics are it holds up to 400 pounds, can go up to 30 miles on a charge, the top speed of 22 mph in high gear. It weighs about 70 pounds, and folds flat so that it can fit in most any car trunk. $1800. Other than accepting that I needed it, it has been great. If someone is interested in getting one I have more information you should know before you buy. Here’s the link to the one I bought.

https://euroshine.com/product/euro-scooter/
                $1800? it says four grand on that link. Did you buy yours 10 years ago?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by bensherb View Post

Even though the Website says they are in Florida, they ARE Euro, so maybe $3,999.99 is some "Other" Currency.
                  StudeRich
                  Second Generation Stude Driver,
                  Proud '54 Starliner Owner

Comment

Originally posted by StudeRich View Post

Even though the Website says they are in Florida, they ARE Euro, so maybe $3,999.99 is some "Other" Currency.
                    I don't think it's pesos, or yuan?
                    It sure looks like a Dollar sign to me!

Mark
                    Last edited by S2Deluxe; 10-20-2019, 06:16 PM.
                    sigpic

S2Deluxe = (5H - C3).

Comment

Originally posted by bensherb View Post

This is what I meant by having further information if someone is interested. I have learned a lot about types of batteries these have and different motors and what they’re worth. I just didn’t post all of that.

One of those further bits of information is a weird pricing strategy on these. Every company lists a retail price of about four grand. But when I looked at some in person at a car show this summer that a young couple had, they told me not to pay attention to the price; they will always sell you them ‘buy one get one free’, or sell you one at half price. The couple told me not to pay any attention to that, either visit them in person or call on the phone, and they would be half price. That’s exactly what happened. In their case, they bought from a company called five star scooters. Every seller of these I’ve seen does the same thing.

I had intended to buy from five star but while I was doing my research these showed up at our biggest local car gathering that covers the entire state fairgrounds. I bought this one for a few reasons. Just like all the rest, they were advertising at 3999, but they had a “special show price” of $1800.

So, there’s the long explanation that a lot of you probably haven’t read all the way through. I will say again, there’s a lot more to it that I haven’t posted. But hopefully, now I have explained the price.

sffh
                      Last edited by Bob Andrews; 10-20-2019, 07:53 PM. Reason: Edited to make the response shorter
                      Proud NON-CASO

I do not prize the word "cheap." It is not a badge of honor...it is a symbol of despair. ~ William McKinley

If it is decreed that I should go down, then let me go down linked with the truth - let me die in the advocacy of what is just and right.- Lincoln

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Ephesians 6:10-17
                      Romans 15:13
                      Deuteronomy 31:6
                      Proverbs 28:1

Illegitimi non carborundum

Comment

Originally posted by StudeRich View Post
                        If it was Euros, that works out to $4465 USD.

The Five Star site shows one for $2800? (hard to read as the figures are all scrambled.)

I believe prices are all over the map for mobility scooters, as I receive flyers in the mail for these, adjustable beds, walk-in bathtubs, and other 'ease-of-living' or mobility devices from time to time with 'Special Home-Expo Show Price', etc.. I've never looked closely at them to remember any prices as I'm not currently in the market for any of these items right now, but from what I see, they are definitely not consistent and it would no doubt pay to shop around when that time comes.

Craig

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Andrews View Post

This is what I meant by having further information if someone is interested. I have learned a lot about types of batteries these have and different motors and what they’re worth. I just didn’t post all of that.

One of those further bits of information is a weird pricing strategy on these. Every company lists a retail price of about four grand. But when I looked at some in person at a car show this summer that a young couple had, they told me not to pay attention to the price; they will always sell you them ‘buy one get one free’, or sell you one at half price. The couple told me not to pay any attention to that, either visit them in person or call on the phone, and they would be half price. That’s exactly what happened. In their case, they bought from a company called five star scooters. Every seller of these I’ve seen does the same thing.

I had intended to buy from five star but while I was doing my research these showed up at our biggest local car gathering that covers the entire state fairgrounds. I bought this one for a few reasons. Just like all the rest, they were advertising at 3999, but they had a “special show price” of $1800.

So, there’s the long explanation that a lot of you probably haven’t read all the way through. I will say again, there’s a lot more to it that I haven’t posted. But hopefully, now I have explained the price.

sffh
                          Thanks Bob, I'll pass the info on to my favorite SIL that has a fairly advanced case of RA. Bob

Comment

You PC folks are just too, too much! Absolutely, nothing wrong with what Dave is saying here. Good, clean humor at it's best is never in bad form, especially since it ridicules no one, nor does it put anyone down.

Now, if the fellas crack were showing, it would be a different matter all together...............

Bo

About as Non PC as one be get.......
                            Bo

Comment

Hey Bo... if these guys ever went to a Don Rickles concert, I think they'd keel over and die of an anxiety attack. And if they didn't croak, they would certainly call their lawyers to have Rickles arrested for verbal assault.
                              sals54

Comment

Working...
                              X