X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JoeHall
    replied
    Originally posted by 62champ View Post

There would only be one exception to that - a small number of US6 trucks were made with a soft top - guess those southern Russia summers are long and hot...

With those, looks like the wind glass style would not pertain either.

Leave a comment:

• 62champ
    replied
    Originally posted by t walgamuth View Post
    To me the clue was the windshield. All the Studebaker trucks I have seen of the ww2 era had the laid back windshield courtesy of Loewry.
    There would only be one exception to that - a small number of US6 trucks were made with a soft top - guess those southern Russia summers are long and hot...

Leave a comment:

• JoeHall
    replied
    Originally posted by 62champ View Post
    If the fenders are missing, I believe the US6 was the only truck of its size that used the opening vent window in the door.
    The front fenders are not missing, and the fender in the pic I took with the license plate is identical to the GMC's front fender in the link Dwain G. provided. I know nothing about WW II era trucks, but always heard many were Studebakers. Having fun learning about them here.

Leave a comment:

• t walgamuth
    replied
    To me the clue was the windshield. All the Studebaker trucks I have seen of the ww2 era had the laid back windshield courtesy of Loewry.

Leave a comment:

• Skip Lackie
    replied
    Am no expert, but as noted above, the presence of vent windows is the big tip-off that it's a Stude US6. Another is the flat-top front fenders. Since that truck has only a single rear axle, I believe it is a Chevy and not a GMC. Would be glad to be corrected.

Leave a comment:

• Mrs K Corbin
    replied
    I'd love to have one.

Leave a comment:

• 62champ
    replied
    If the fenders are missing, I believe the US6 was the only truck of its size that used the opening vent window in the door.

Leave a comment:

• 8E45E
    replied
    Originally posted by JoeHall View Post
    Dwain G.,

Looking at the rather unique front fenders, I'd say the GMC link you provided is the same truck. Made 1941-45, so it is WW II era though. It was nice to look at, while taking a break on the road. I'd have opened the driver door and looked for a data plate, but did not wanna get shot, or arrested. LOL
    Thanks
    One doesn't have to open a door to read all the data plates on those old Army trucks. The Ordinance Department required all data plates to be exposed on the dash.

I posted some photos of John Benter's restored US6 here:
    https://forum.studebakerdriversclub....1-2=&styleid=2

Craig

Leave a comment:

• JoeHall
    replied
    Dwain G.,

Looking at the rather unique front fenders, I'd say the GMC link you provided is the same truck. Made 1941-45, so it is WW II era though. It was nice to look at, while taking a break on the road. I'd have opened the driver door and looked for a data plate, but did not wanna get shot, or arrested. LOL
    Thanks

Leave a comment:

• Dwain G.
    replied

Leave a comment:

• oilnsteel
    replied
    I know where there is one in Michigan if somebody wants one.

JT

Leave a comment:

• JoeHall
    replied
    Originally posted by Studebaker Wheel View Post
    Joe; No, not a Studebaker and not WWII vintage.
    Darn. Was pretty sure I'd find out here though.
    Thanks Much

Leave a comment:

• Studebaker Wheel
    replied
    Joe; No, not a Studebaker and not WWII vintage.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• JoeHall
    started a topic WW II Studebaker Truck?

WW II Studebaker Truck?

A few weeks ago I was out in Colorado on the Gold Wing. Stopped and took these pix by an abandoned gas station, somewhere around Red Rock Canyon, near the Colorado/Utah line. Am I correct in thinking this is a WW II era Studebaker truck? Thanks
Working...
X