It Happened Again

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It Happened Again

Our '63 Avanti featured in latest TW was called a Corvair at car show last weekend. Incredibly, our '53 custom also was called a Corvair a few years ago. Some things are impossible to understand.
    Tim-'53 Starlight Commander Custom and '63 Avanti in Yuma, AZ
    https://www.jimsrodshop.com/project/53-resurrection https://www.jimsrodshop.com/project/always-ahead

What a nasty insult......
    Lou Van Anne
    62 Champ
    64 R2 GT Hawk
    79 Avanti II

Comment

Our 63 Daytona convertible was called a Rambler, our GT Hawk a Thunderbird. This is happening more and more with the younger generations, mainly because they were not around when these cars were daily drivers. Avantis were built in Canada, bet you did not know that either!
      Frank van Doorn
      Omaha, Ne.
      1962 GT Hawk 289 4 speed
      1941 Champion streetrod, R-2 Powered, GM 200-4R trans.
      1952 V-8 232 Commander State "Starliner" hardtop OD

Comment

Frank how can it be built in Canada when it is an Italian car?
        Candbstudebakers
        Castro Valley,
        California

Comment

Originally posted by paintim613 View Post
          Some things are impossible to understand.
          1. The bell curve. Even if there were a large placard with "1963 STUDEBAKER AVANTI" someone will walk up and tell his buddy, "That's a Corvair. I had one back in the '60s and it was the worst car ever; thing would kill you."
          2. Or taken questions from the general public. For twenty years, I gave public presentations. Afterward, I answered questions. Using the questions to refine the presentation, my goal was to reach a point where no questions were possible; the presentation had already answered them. This never happened. Invariably, someone would ask a question which had never occurred to anyone in twenty years and be so far out there, it was impossible to understand the thought process which got them to that.

jack vines
          PackardV8

Comment

Even the military knows you cannot plan for stupidity, because stupidity knows no bounds.
            The only difference between death and taxes is that death does not grow worse every time Congress convenes. - Will Rogers

Comment

Sunday at a car show my 64 GT Hawk(Super Hawk) was again called Ford Torino, 2dr Lincoln with Mercedes grill, ..............we all know stupidity knows no bounds.

Comment

A fellow came up to me from behind my Transtar at a car show and asked," Is this a Studebaker?"
                Click image for larger version  Name:	Big G.jpg Views:	0 Size:	81.1 KB ID:	1805863
                Then, there was the guy at another show, leading two young teens around the grounds, 'splainin' everything there was to know about each car on the field. I'm sure he was a plumber by trade, as he proudly displayed his... asset... when he bent over to look below the rear bumper of a Metropolitan. Upon evaluating the situation, he allowed as how, "OK, boys, they took the prop off of this one, but you used to be able to drive this thing down a boat ramp, into the lake, drive around, and come right back up the ramp!"
                sigpic
                Dave Lester

Comment

Originally posted by mch View Post
                  Sunday at a car show my 64 GT Hawk(Super Hawk) was again called Ford Torino, 2dr Lincoln with Mercedes grill, ..............we all know stupidity knows no bounds.
                  All too common with those living in Rumson, and occupying the governors mansion down in Trenton.:-)

Comment

Our '63 Avanti featured in latest TW was called a Corvair at car show last weekend. Incredibly, our '53 custom also was called a Corvair a few years ago. Some things are impossible to understand.
                    Like politicians;-)

Comment

Studedude, are you near Eufaula in OK, also I sent you a PM

Comment

Originally posted by Lou Van Anne View Post
                        What a nasty insult......
                        And my Corvair was just called a "Nasty Insult." Somethings ARE impossible to understand.

'64 Lark Type, powered by '85 Corvette L-98 (carburetor), 700R4, - CASO to the Max.

Comment

The cynic in me wonders if some of these learned observations are deliberate just to see if they can get a rise out of you. Some folks get their joy in life from watching your reaction to whatever outrageous/upsetting stuff they can come up with....

Jeff in ND

Comment

I was in a parking lot a few years ago with my '61 Champ. A guy walked up said he didn't know that Rambler made a truck.
                            Joe Roberts
                            '61 R1 Champ
                            '65 Cruiser
                            Eastern North Carolina Chapter

Comment

I've had people come up to my GT, read the door script as far as "Gran T"-something and jump to Gran Torino. Mostly due to some movie or other. I just say "It's not even a Ford."
                              Jim K.
                              63 Hawk

Comment

Working...
                              X