Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 69 Avanti 2 heater box

I'd first like to introduce myself...
    My name is Dan Borlase and I am the proud new owner of a 69 Avanti 2. I live in Kelowna British Columbia Canada.
    While the car is in good overall condition, she does have some significant issues.
    The wiring is a train wreck to the point where I am thinking that a whole new harness will be required.
    The second "biggy" is that it was once fitted with an aftermarket air system, all of that has been removed...which brings me to my request.
    Does anyone have a parts car that has an original heater box with associated switches??

I believe what you may need is a Center Console Box and Face Panel, this is only used for Air Conditioning, the "Heater" is not involved at all, it's separate on the right.
    StudeRich
    Second Generation Stude Driver,
    Proud '54 Starliner Owner

Comment

Dan

Welcome to the forum. I have a lot of those a/c parts stripped out of my 74 that I rewired and added a complete aftermarket a/c and heater system. As Rich stated above, do you need everything from a/c to heat or just a/c? I won't guarantee the condition of a complete set of parts but we can discuss your needs. The other problem is somethings need to be cut to get them out and that adds another degree of difficulty.

Your best bet would be to call Dan Booth at Nostalgic Motors in Wixom, Mi. He bought out most of Avanti Motors parts supply and knows Avanti's very well. You will need to call him as that's the only way you can contact him. This the number I currently find on the internet. Talk to him about your harness needs also. 248-349-48 eight four

It won't be an inexpensive adventure.

I don't think anyone is reproducing the wiring harness but I stripped my 74 to bare glass and rebuilt everything. I used this generic harness from Speedway. It worked well.
      https://www.speedwaymotors.com/Speed...ss,229874.html

You might also consider an aftermarket a/c heat unit which will be less expensive but certainly not original.

Good luck, Bob

Comment

Thank you to both of you for your responses.
        I am not interested in a/c at all, I would like to take the car back to original as much as possible.
        That means heater only... one of the PO's installed a Vintage air system and managed to bugger up more than I can describe.
        I am hoping to find an original heater complete. Box,heater core and associated brackets.
        The wiring is so compromised that only a completely new harness makes any sense .
        I will give this chap a call and see where that leads.

Dan

Comment

Welcome to the SDC Forum (Studebaker). With an Avanti II, I suggest you also list your parts wanted on the AOAI Forum (Avanti).
          Gary L.
          Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
          Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Thanks Gary...will do.

Comment

Originally posted by Dan Borlase View Post
              Thank you to both of you for your responses.
              I am not interested in a/c at all, I would like to take the car back to original as much as possible.
              That means heater only... one of the PO's installed a Vintage air system and managed to bugger up more than I can describe.
              I am hoping to find an original heater complete. Box,heater core and associated brackets.
              The wiring is so compromised that only a completely new harness makes any sense .
              I will give this chap a call and see where that leads.

Dan
              See what Dan has to say about your heater parts, I should have most or all of the heater parts and housing but his should be in better nick.

I'll try to remember to see what I have over the next couple of days.

Bob

Comment

Working...
              X