• Show
Clear All

• showbizkid
    replied
    This topic is closed pending review.

Leave a comment:

• abkco
    replied
    This is my last comment on Rene and SouthEast Studebaker. I've been waiting nearly 4 years. I have spoken to him on the phone about 20 times over the past few years. He has given me every excuse under the sun. Please do not cut this guy slack. It is unconscionable to make a customer wait when he promised me 6 months on the phone and as advertised on his website. It is theft for all of us who gave him money. If anyone wants to pray, how about praying I get my two interiors? He may have made nice product years ago, but this is not the same person. I will have a hemorrhage if I see him at the International Meet taking new orders. This is not right. Justin

Leave a comment:

• 8E45E
    replied
    Originally posted by mbstude View Post
    I have a friend who did just that last year. That is, he bribed Rene with extra money to finish an interior for his 57 Golden Hawk.

Rene took the money and sent him this.

Click image for larger version

Name:	4FCDAB86-71EA-4412-A804-08E7D6211624.jpeg
Views:	397
Size:	19.5 KB
ID:	1930502

Name:	AFE7AFC3-1D2F-4729-A285-424FE204D539.jpeg
Views:	368
Size:	22.1 KB
ID:	1930503
    That example must be the exception to what others here have said about his work.

I wonder if he took the payment and had a local upholstery shop sew it for him to get him out of his hair, while he did his long-term work on his own meticulous time schedule.

Craig

Leave a comment:

• Jeffry Cassel
    replied
    Thing is, he wants to be paid BEFORE he does the job. He has the money so what's the rush doing the work. Or in my case, why bother doing it at all. Years have passed and he still owes me $$ which I'll never see. Beware!! Shame on you'all for feeling any sympathy for this scoundrel.!!

Leave a comment:

• mbstude
    replied
    Originally posted by 8E45E View Post
    Perhaps the best way to 'cut the individual some slack' is to inquire about the current price vs. four years ago, and agree to perhaps meeting the increase of material costs which is no doubt justified.

Craig
    I have a friend who did just that last year. That is, he bribed Rene with extra money to finish an interior for his 57 Golden Hawk.

Rene took the money and sent him this.

Name:	4FCDAB86-71EA-4412-A804-08E7D6211624.jpeg
Views:	397
Size:	19.5 KB
ID:	1930502

Name:	AFE7AFC3-1D2F-4729-A285-424FE204D539.jpeg
Views:	368
Size:	22.1 KB
ID:	1930503

Leave a comment:

• 8E45E
    replied
    Originally posted by Guido View Post
    I think those that laid out money (often years ago according to earlier posts here) and have failed to receive the product they paid for may feel differently.
    I'm now finding with the current shortage of goods these days, no one is offering a price guarantee of what it is going to cost 7 or 8 months, or a year from now.

Perhaps the best way to 'cut the individual some slack' is to inquire about the current price vs. four years ago, and agree to perhaps meeting the increase of material costs which is no doubt justified. That way, it keeps him in business, and in the end, the goods will be delivered.

Craig

Leave a comment:

• ddub
    replied
    I have dealt with Rene 3 times, all very satisfactory but each time a longer wait. I think he is a victim of his own success (as well as some personal problems). If you want a really great and authentic interior he is/was the best source. I think he has taken on more business than he can handle. I suppose it is very hard to turn down orders.

Leave a comment:

• 6hk71400
    replied
    My personal opinion: We should show this support for Rene in the form of Private Message function, letting him know of our support and what we can do to help him. The forum is for the most part trying to avoid politics, religion and other items that divert attention from the purpose of the forum. I don't want to see this thread being closed as we in the Studebaker community need to support one another.

As far as my religious beliefs, I will be happy to give scripture to my firm belief to anyone that wants to know. I will do that privately; I prefer action in my beliefs, not trumpeting them. So many times when someone is suffering from spiritual needs or physical needs, one thing that sets my teeth on edge is when someone is leaving they always seem to say, "if there is anything you need let me know". Going into a house with dirty dishes piled up when someone is ill, my mind and body leaps into to action to clean the kitchen, take the trash out, take someone to appointments. You get the idea. I am a firm believer in the power of prayer as I have seen results, but not in the category of the miraculous. I believe the days of the miraculous are no longer and I have scripture to back that up.

Use the PM for it's intended purpose: items that should not be posted but should let the poster know privately exactly what we can do to support. In times past, I had not done that and so if I offended, I apologize.

Rene, if you do see this, let us know what we can do to help. To the many that are affected by his problem, I ask for patience. How many times when working on a car, you get frustrated and have to walk away for awhile, calm down then come back?

Enough of my "rant". Now is the time to go and do.

Bob Miles
    Hope is a reasonable expectation that this will all work out

Gary,

You also have a valid point. I do not have any interest nor any financial stake in the game. If I did I would for just me that I could put my thoughts as a test of my mettle as a man to put what I believe into action

Leave a comment:

• Guido
    replied
    Originally posted by GTHawk View Post
    I hope that we can all find it in our hearts to give him some slack because I'm sure he is suffering.
    I think those that laid out money (often years ago according to earlier posts here) and have failed to receive the product they paid for may feel differently.

Leave a comment:

• GTHawk
    replied
    Originally posted by t walgamuth View Post
    Sometimes people are just swept over with their problems. I was there once. I never took anybody's money without providing the work but I left work which I had not been paid for unpursued. I did work my way out of it eventually though.

I am not much of a religious person but if I were I'd say to say a prayer for our fellow car guy. He cannot be feeling good about all this.
    Amen. I was chief judge for 4 years (rom2010-2013). Renee was the captain of the C& K division team. One of the nicest guys and most knowledgeable of anyone I know about interiors. He was very free with his knowledge. He was just a very nice guy. I think that he has gotten into financial trouble for a lot of reasons mentioned here and just can't find his way out. I had similar trouble years ago and, thankfully, was able to find my way out. I hope that we can all find it in our hearts to give him some slack because I'm sure he is suffering. I agree that we should pray for him.

Leave a comment:

• t walgamuth
    replied
    Sometimes people are just swept over with their problems. I was there once. I never took anybody's money without providing the work but I left work which I had not been paid for unpursued. I did work my way out of it eventually though.

I am not much of a religious person but if I were I'd say to say a prayer for our fellow car guy. He cannot be feeling good about all this.

Leave a comment:

• Skip Lackie
    replied
    Originally posted by BobPalma View Post

Thanks for the club stepping up this, Don....'probably one of the most unpleasant jobs with which officers must contend. BP
    Yes. I had the job of Complaints Committee (or whatever it was called) for 6 or 8 years. Important but not fun. I had to deal with complaints against several well-known vendors, but none as large or established as Southeast Studebaker.

Leave a comment:

• BobPalma
    replied
    Originally posted by Avantidon View Post
    That is being addressed as we speak Gary.
    Thanks for the club stepping up this, Don....'probably one of the most unpleasant jobs with which officers must contend. BP

Leave a comment:

• Avantidon
    replied
    That is being addressed as we speak Gary.

Leave a comment:

• Guido
    replied
    It would seem to me if there are numerous issues with a vendor that extend over multiple years with no resolution or communication that the club should be examining whether that vendor can participate in any club event.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X