John Hull's new book "Studebaker Avanti Operation Airlift May 1962"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• John Hull's new book "Studebaker Avanti Operation Airlift May 1962"

Just got this book a couple days ago and I am thoroughly enjoying it! The photos and detailed information, including correspondence from Sales VP Lew Minkel to Sherwood Egbert while he was hospitalized in Boston, is fascinating stuff. I can strongly recommend this book. It's on the AOAI website.

My good friend and hometown Stude dealer, the late Ed Filer, was at the Cleveland show and I thought I could locate him in a picture on page 44. His son doesn't think it's him and his wife said first she didn't think so, then said "Maybe that is him".
    Bill Pressler
    Kent, OH
    (formerly Greenville, PA)
    Currently owned: 1966 Cruiser, Timberline Turquoise, 26K miles
    Formerly owned: 1963 Lark Daytona Skytop R1, Ermine White
    1964 Daytona Hardtop, Strato Blue
    1966 Daytona Sports Sedan, Niagara Blue Mist
    All are in Australia now

Thanks for posting this, Bill. I have read a lot about the book, but I guess that it was on the AOAI Forum. I am on both forums every day. Besides through AOAI, the book can be purchased directly from John.
    Gary L.
    Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
    Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Originally posted by studegary View Post
      Besides through AOAI, the book can be purchased directly from John.
      I would expect him to have some copies for sale at this year's MCACN show in Rosemont in November.

Craig

Comment

Thank you for the kind words and private messages acknowledging this unique chapter in Studebaker History. This book will make an excellent gift for the Studebaker/Avanti enthusiast for birthdays christmas or Studey library.
        John Hull

Comment

I picked one up at the AOA meet in Dayton and have to say, I enjoyed it immensely!

Comment

Quarter Page Ad in November Turning Wheels with Ordering Information for that special Stude a File, Historian, or just Birthday Holiday Gift
            John Hull

Comment

Working...
            X