Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bezhawk
    replied
    The easiest way to get a good carpet that fits is to take your car to a professional upholstery shop. They cut and fit and bind and sew carpets for vehicles all the time.

Leave a comment:

• Jerry Forrester
    replied
    Originally posted by Flashback View Post

I have been looking to order one from Automotive interiors. I noticed the headliners were made in Alabama. Wonder where in Alabama, since I live in the middle.
    Probably Anniston, Ala.
    Auto Custom Carpets.

Leave a comment:

• Flashback
    replied
    Originally posted by Dwight FitzSimons View Post
    Like car batteries there can't be but so many manufacturers of Studebaker carpets. The other retailers source from those manufacturers. Not saying there is anything wrong with that, but it would be helpful to know what comes from where.
    -Dwight
    I have been looking to order one from Automotive interiors. I noticed the headliners were made in Alabama. Wonder where in Alabama, since I live in the middle.

Leave a comment:

• tomnoller
    replied
    Hey Claude! We moved to Iowa where I worked for about 5 years, then I retired from the daily grind and because of a death in the family - and an available house, we were able to move back here to western WA, where I can drive my Stude's year 'round. My head is exploding from all the carpet choices, BTW! Thanks, everyone!

Leave a comment:

• studeski
    replied
    Originally posted by tomnoller View Post
    Besides Kanter, is there another source for Stude carpets? I find several of the classic car resto websites don't include our make.
    Thanks!
    Tom, I ordered mine from Automotive Interiors. Haven't got it yet.

By the way, I thought you moved to Iowa!

Claude

Leave a comment:

• Dwight FitzSimons
    replied
    Like car batteries there can't be but so many manufacturers of Studebaker carpets. The other retailers source from those manufacturers. Not saying there is anything wrong with that, but it would be helpful to know what comes from where.
    -Dwight

Leave a comment:

• Kurt
    replied
    I just got my new carpet for my 51 from Southeast Studebaker. It was pricey, took four months to get, and is absolutely fabulous. If you are not in a hurry and want carpet that looks pretty much exactly like the original go with Southeast. If you want nice functional carpet that mostly looks original for a lower cost, I have Ernie Loga’s Carpet set in my Champ and it is very nice too.

Leave a comment:

• Bordeaux Daytona
    replied
    I was going to order from this place. I got some samples and they looked good.
    https://www.automotiveinteriors.com/...ts-s/17457.htm

Leave a comment:

• unclemiltie
    replied
    I have gotten several sets from Ernie Loga and was pleased. His contact act is on Studebakervendors.com

Leave a comment:

• rbisacca
    replied
    Contact: Auto Mat Co. www.autointeriors.biz . (516)938-7373. This is the real deal. I've been using them since the 1980s. They are an actual manufacturer, not a reseller and they know their stuff.

Leave a comment:

• r1lark
    replied
    Tom, see this current thread:. https://forum.studebakerdriversclub....awk-carpet-kit

Leave a comment:

• tomnoller
    started a topic Carpet sets

Carpet sets

Besides Kanter, is there another source for Stude carpets? I find several of the classic car resto websites don't include our make.
    Thanks!
Working...
X