2021 SDC International Meet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2021 SDC International Meet

It's my understanding that no one has yet proposed to host a 2021 International Meet; nor 2022.
    I hope it is not an indication we are running out of wind.
    With the IM reduced to four days, pulling one off is much less complicated than it was as a full week.
    "All attempts to 'rise above the issue' are simply an excuse to avoid it profitably." --Dick Gregory

Brad Johnson, SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
    Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
    sigpic'33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight, '53 Commander Starlight "Désirée"

The meet was never a full week Brad. The only day eliminated was Friday which existed only to tabulate the SDC judging scores.

Comment

Originally posted by rockne10 View Post
      It's my understanding that no one has yet proposed to host a 2021 International Meet; nor 2022.
      I hope it is not an indication we are running out of wind.
      With the IM reduced to four days, pulling one off is much less complicated than it was as a full week.
      Brad, as Tom Curtis says correctly, the meet, since South Bend 2017, has been a 4-day event and was NEVER a full-week meet. Waste was eliminated with the advance to electronic judging, and elimination of the unprofitable Fun Night on Friday. You might try learning just HOW MUCH WORK an International Meet is. I'm sure the Meet Chairs of this year's meet can tell you. But, then again, attend a meet or offer to put one together, and, then, you'll know!

To the contrary, Brad, two chapters HAVE come forth offering to host the 2021 and 2022 Meets and the possibility of a third! May I offer them your assistance?

Comment

Working...
      X