Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Photos of the SDC Event at McClellan Park, CA last weekend!

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Photos of the SDC Event at McClellan Park, CA last weekend!

    A fine group of Studebakers!
    Studebaker Drivers Club had a meeting at McClellan Park, CA 26-28 September 2019 McClellan Park is located northeast of Sacramento and is the site of the former McClellan Field Army Air Corp/U.S. Air Force base. The B-25 bombers used in the famous Doolittle Raid on Tokyo, Japan in April, 1942 were prepared at McClellan and…

  • #2
    Great pics and description of a very well run event. Hats off to the Karel Staple chapter of SDC!
    Howard - Los Angeles chapter SDC
    '53 Commander Starliner (Finally running and driving, but still in process)
    '56 Golden Hawk (3 speed/overdrive, Power steering - Running, but not yet driving)
    '62 GT Hawk (4 speed, A/C, Power steering - running and DRIVING!)

    Comment


    • #3
      Thank you for the picture of the 1956. We enjoyed bringing her back to life. She had been sitting for 35 years. We only had her for 24 days. Lots of work ground vales replaced two that were burnt,points, thermostat, fan belt, a few hoses, fuel pump, dropped gas tank and cleaned, new brake hoses. Rebuilt Master cylinder and hill holder, changed the oil, new anti freeze, soldered radiator. had keys made for her. Sold her to a new Studebaker person that fell in love with her. She was a one owner car that deserved a second chance . We had fun cleaning her up and sharing her.
      Mabel 1949 Champion
      Hawk 1957 Silverhawk
      Gus 1958 Transtar
      The Prez 1955 President State
      Blu 1957 Golden Hawk
      Daisy 1954 Regal Commander Starlight Coupe
      Fresno,Ca

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Anne F. Goodman View Post
        Thank you for the picture of the 1956. We enjoyed bringing her back to life. She had been sitting for 35 years. We only had her for 24 days. Lots of work ground vales replaced two that were burnt,points, thermostat, fan belt, a few hoses, fuel pump, dropped gas tank and cleaned, new brake hoses. Rebuilt Master cylinder and hill holder, changed the oil, new anti freeze, soldered radiator. had keys made for her. Sold her to a new Studebaker person that fell in love with her. She was a one owner car that deserved a second chance . We had fun cleaning her up and sharing her.
        Thank you for the update! I'm happy to learn you found a buyer. This should be an easy restoration. Great colors, too!

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by brngarage View Post
          Great pics and description of a very well run event. Hats off to the Karel Staple chapter of SDC!
          Thank you! I visited over three different days - saw cars each time I hadn't seen previously. Great group of people and it was a lot of fun to see this group of Studebakers at this historic venue.

          Comment


          • #6
            Post updated! Thanks to Alden Jewell, we have more history of the Atran's Studebaker dealership in Arbuckle. New photos added. Check it out!
            https://56packardman.com/2019/10/01/...cclellan-park/

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Packard5687 View Post
              Post updated! Thanks to Alden Jewell, we have more history of the Atran's Studebaker dealership in Arbuckle. New photos added. Check it out!
              https://56packardman.com/2019/10/01/...cclellan-park/
              I stopped by Atran's in the early 1970's, bought a few parts, then commented to the owner that it was a nice old building.

              Owner looked at me and said, "this is the new building, the old one burned down in 1929."

              Comment

              Working...
              X