55 Studebaker roof halo.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 55 Studebaker roof halo.

I was talking to someone who asked me if the stainless "halo" on a 55 Speedster roof was available on any 55 President. I did not know the answer. I know some of you have had experience with this so what is his answer?
    sigpic

"In the heart of Arkansas."
    Searcy, Arkansas
    1952 Commander 2 door. Really fine 259.
    1952 2R pickup

It was '55 President Speedster ONLY.

Have I seen President Coupes and Hardtops with one? Sure, but not from the Factory.
    StudeRich
    Second Generation Stude Driver,
    Proud '54 Starliner Owner

Comment

I agree only the 55 speedster had the stainless halo molding over the rear window .. I have a very good used one for sale if you want to install on your 55 president
      Joe

Joe Parsons

Comment

I have never owned a 55. I was just trying to answer the other persons's question. I have seen the halo applied to other C/K body cars. It does add some "pop" ti the roof.
        sigpic

Searcy, Arkansas
        1952 2R pickup

Comment

Just curious if he is really considering using the halo, on a non stock application for a 55? This is a very involved process and requires additional, often unobtainable, parts in addition to dropping the headliner, and removing the back window. How does he intend tying the ends of the halo into the rest of the rear trim, without the parts? I would encourage your friend to carefully reconsider the process. I too have a halo if he really wants to go that route.
          Bill

Comment

He was looking at pictures of the remains of a 55 someone had for sale and it had the piece. He asked me if the car could be anything other than a Speedster. He is not planning a project, just curious.
            sigpic

Searcy, Arkansas
            1952 2R pickup

Comment

I have seen photos of a C body, pho Speedster, with the stainless Halo piece installed. But I don't believe it was factory installed? However, I am pretty sure the same piece was also used on '56 - '58 Golden Hawks, and '58 Packard Hawks as well.

Mark
              Last edited by S2Deluxe; 09-30-2019, 08:10 PM.
              sigpic

S2Deluxe = (5H - C3).

Comment

Originally posted by S2Deluxe View Post
                I have seen photos of a C body, pho Speedster, with the stainless Halo piece installed. But I don't believe it was factory installed? However, I am pretty sure the same piece was also used on '56 - '58 Golden Hawks, and '58 Packard Hawks as well. Mark
                Similar, but NOT the Same.
                The Castings the Halo goes into, the Fasteners AND the Halo on '56-'58 GH's are different.

Attached Files
                StudeRich
                Second Generation Stude Driver,
                Proud '54 Starliner Owner

Comment

Originally posted by StudeRich View Post

The Castings the Halo goes into, the Fasteners AND the Halo on '56-'58 GH's are different.

That is one of those details that, unless they have owned one, a casual observer like me would overlook.
                  The amount of trivia I can bore my non-Studebaker friends with is increasing!
                  sigpic

Searcy, Arkansas
                  1952 2R pickup

Comment

Yes, note that the halo fits at a different point on the roof of a '55 than on the roof of a '56-'58 (the roof is the same, the halo is different).

Gary L.
                    Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
                    Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Originally posted by studegary View Post
                      Yes, note that the halo fits at a different point on the roof of a '55 than on the roof of a '56-'58 (the roof is the same, the halo is different).
                      Yes Gary, I did notice that, as soon as I saw the pictures Rich posted.

Thanks Rich, and Gary, for always sharing your overwhelming wealth of Stude knowledge! And adding to mine. I know I, as well as others, absoluely appreciate it.

Mark
                      Last edited by S2Deluxe; 10-06-2019, 06:12 PM.
                      sigpic

S2Deluxe = (5H - C3).

Comment

Working...
                      X