Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Looking for my old '55 Champion in Western New York State?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for my old '55 Champion in Western New York State?

Last weekend while l attended the Studebaker swap meet in Dunkirk NY, a friend pointed out my old all-black '55 4 door Champion. Unfortunately, it was on the road and already leaving the fairgrounds. It was too far away to hail and "flag down". So l missed it. l had not seen the car since it was for sale at Riverfront Car Sales on Niagara St. in Buffalo a couple of years ago at too high a price, at least initially. It was a good car, and reliable, but with a few custom touches that, of course, wouldn't "turn on" everybody looking for a mid-fifties Stude - and that's another major reason why it took Riverfront many months to sell the car. A year ago l left a phone message with Riverside's manager to ask if l could learn the phone number or address of the new owner, but of course that went nowhere.

l don't want to buy the car back (l've got my hands full with two other black Studes already!) , but just want to yak with the owner about the car, discuss what was done to it, and why, etc. And it's always nifty to know where your former cars are and know their owners.

Description : All-black '55 Champion Deluxe 4-door, with black-painted grill and headlight/tail light bezels, full '55 wheel discs, fender skirts, grey fabric/vinyl seats, up-graded President steering wheel, floor shift conversion, manual with overdrive, split exhaust. Seen with New York (l believe) licence plates.

l did talk to members of both the Kinzua and Iroquois Chapters and they were not aware of the car or the owners, unfortunately. BUT if anyone else knows the contact info for the current owner, l'd sure appreciate it if they could PM me and let me know. PLEASE! l've got a soft spot for that car and l'd love to share my knowledge of the car with the elusive new owner.

Thanks
    Roger Hill

60 Lark Vlll, hardtop, black/red, Power Kit, 3 spd. - "Juliette"
    61 Champ Deluxe, 6, black/red, o/d, long box. - "Jeri"
    Junior Wagon - "Junior"

"In the end, dear undertaker,
    Ride me in a Studebaker"

I saw the car it was parked near the corner of Waldorff Rd and Central Ave behind the banner. The car probably showed up around 10am Friday. Unfortunately I didn't see the owners not did I photograph the car. I did note the dual exhaust and un-split manifold as well as the blacked out pot metal. I believe you are correct with the NY plates.

Comment

Thanks, Jon.

Hopefully someone else noticed it too and knows the owners. Or, maybe it was seen at Mansfield for the SDC International which really was not very far away. Or DYSD somewhere?

l would love to have a beer - or at very least a fun phone conversation - with the new owner of my former '55 to let him know more about the car's rebuild and it's history. Does he/she know that it was at one time owned by a close relative of an internationally famous person? No, but it's true!

If anyone out the knows the new owner, l'd sure appreciate a PM.

Thanks

Roger Hill

60 Lark Vlll, hardtop, black/red, Power Kit, 3 spd. - "Juliette"
      61 Champ Deluxe, 6, black/red, o/d, long box. - "Jeri"
      Junior Wagon - "Junior"

"In the end, dear undertaker,
      Ride me in a Studebaker"

Comment

Working...
      X