Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Something special came in the mail today!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Something special came in the mail today!

I'm a happy boy tonight! Through some plying around on Facebook, I was able to get all of these as a package deal!

I. 1962 GT Hawk factory sales literature. I presume this would be given to you if you walked into a Stude dealer in 1961 and you expressed something resembling interest in a GT Hawk to any salesman within breathing distance who had a pulse.
    II. Period road test from Motor Trend. It's a full FIVE pages long! I should probably do a video of the simultaneously dry and hilarious writing.
    III. A printed list where I can get more Stude-related items. Yes...because I can never have too much paraphernalia clogging up every cubic inch of available space.

Click image for larger version  Name:	GT Hawk Package from FB.JPG Views:	0 Size:	89.0 KB ID:	1804169

Last edited by Stude Shoo-wop!; 09-27-2019, 03:51 PM.
    Jake Robinson Kaywell: Shoo-wops and doo-wops galore to the background of some fine Studes. I'm eager and ready to go!

1962 GT Hawk - "Daisy-Mae" - she came dressed to kill in etherial green with a charming turquoise inside. I'm hopelessly in love!

Originally posted by Stude Shoo-wop! View Post
    Yes...because I can never have too much paraphernalia clogging up every cubic inch of available space.
    You got that right!

Craig

Comment

I'm sure this comment will make me sound like a curmudgeon (which is probably accurate), but I must express mild concern about your plan to make fun of Motor Trend's 60-year-old prose. I have that MT issue around here somewhere, but probably haven't read it in decades (my favorite car mag of that time was Car Life [RIP], and didn't subscribe to MT), so won't try to defend its writing style. But it's really easy to use today's enlightened standards and mores to poke fun at how things were done or said back in the day. For example, if you take your Stude to a show, you probably will notice that while some young people admire our old cars, others point at some attribute as being laughable and backward. I guess you hadda be there.
      Skip Lackie

Comment

Originally posted by Skip Lackie View Post
        But it's really easy to use today's enlightened standards and mores to poke fun at how things were done or said back in the day.
        I've always liked Tom McCahill's road tests in Mechanix Illustrated when it came to describing a car's attributes. He definitely had a way of putting pen to paper, and tested many Studebakers back in the day.

Craig

Comment

Jake, collecting Studebaker memorabilia is all part of the disease.
          Ed Sallia
          Dundee, OR

Sol Lucet Omnibus

Comment

As I recall Motor Trend's road test of the "new" 1962 Hawk was quite complimentary, especially its handling. Today, its bias-ply tires would scare the dickens out of us, but radials were rare then.
            -Dwight

Comment

Working...
            X