Status update of 2020 Boca Raton Concours d'Elegance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Status update of 2020 Boca Raton Concours d'Elegance

Well, I got this in my handy-dandy email today. It's probably good news. I think that I will be able to represent Studebaker well at this very special event. Also, I realize that (if accepted for real) I may well be the first person showing a Studebaker at the 30 under 30 class! Hurrah!

P.S. - Thank you for all of your continued support on this forum. I wouldn't be here without the knowledgeable and friendly folks present here!

Dear Mr. Kaywell,

Your application for your 1962 Studebaker Gran Turismo (GT) Hawk has been received and reviewed by the Selection Committee for the 14th Annual Boca Raton Concours d’Elegance, and at this time, they have decided to hold on making a decision just yet. They will discuss again over the next few months, and we will be back in touch with you as soon as they have any confirmation.

While your vehicle is quite fine, they are deciding on the best fit for our new 30 Under 30 class this year, according to the other selections they are considering. We do appreciate you submitting your information, and they will seriously consider it further and get back to you.

Thank you for your support of the Concours and please don’t hesitate to contact me if you need any additional information.

Sincerely,

Tina Nyp for
    Dr. Edward Dauer, Show Registration Chairman and
    Russell Glace, Operations Chairman
    Jake Robinson Kaywell: Shoo-wops and doo-wops galore to the background of some fine Studes. I'm eager and ready to go!

1962 GT Hawk - "Daisy-Mae" - she came dressed to kill in etherial green with a charming turquoise inside. I'm hopelessly in love!

Congrat's. on what appears to be a halfway answer. I guess that you are in unless they get 30 other cars (by those under 30) that they prefer.
    Gary L.
    Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
    Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Hope you make the final selection. We were accepted to the 2012 Boca Raton Concours d’Elegance with our 1964 Avanti R2. Excellent well organized event by very fine car enthusiasts. We were awarded a Best in Class and an Excellence Award.
      Mike
      Fort Worth, TX

1964 Avanti R2 #R-4986

Comment

Working...
      X