• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hope Indiana car show.

http://www.therepublic.com/2019/09/2...begins_friday/

And you can pick up a few spare parts while your there

Comment

What the? ... > "Exhibitors include an American Motors CLUB, which purchased Studebaker’s General Products Division in 1970, as well as a club for those who own Studebaker Avantis, which were built only in 1962 and 1963."

Looks like SOMEONE gave them some seriously False Info!

This must come under the Heading of: "Fake News"!
      Last edited by StudeRich; 09-26-2019, 04:31 PM.
      StudeRich
      Second Generation Stude Driver,
      Proud '54 Starliner Owner

Comment

American Motors did buy Kaiser Jeep which had bought Studebaker's General Products division that had contracts with the government for Army trucks.
        Many other countries bought trucks from Studebaker and Hummer.
        https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AM_General
        Last edited by rkapteyn; 09-26-2019, 01:08 PM.

Comment

I don't think it was a CLUB buying Anything!
          StudeRich
          Second Generation Stude Driver,
          Proud '54 Starliner Owner

Comment

Studebaker Avantis WERE built only in 1962 and 1963 (calendar years). They were designated as 1963 and 1964 models.
            -Dwight

Comment

Originally posted by StudeRich View Post
              I don't think it was a CLUB buying Anything!
              Nash , Rambler, Hudson , Jeep, Willys,Kaiser , Fraser, Overland , Renault , Chrysler together is a club!!

Comment

What's the cost if I decide to cruise up in my '49 2R5 to put it in the car show?
                1949 Studebaker 2R5 half ton pickup...

Comment

Oh well....
                  Last edited by 50Champ; 09-28-2019, 09:13 AM.
                  1949 Studebaker 2R5 half ton pickup...

Comment

Hope Indiana is a small town and the new home of Studebaker international , this past month when Ian Mackellar from Australia and I went east to the Avanti and Studebaker meets in Ohio we made sure to leave time to go to Hope and see Jim and Corey' s set up and give them some business. It was just a few days before the International meet and they were getting ready for the meet them self but still had time for us and a short tour of the place. The town is small and if they take on an event like this every year more power to them and some of the best car shows I have seen are at small towns and the likes. I have been to good guys events and will take a small town any day. my thanks good out to Jim and Corey for their work and effort to save Studebaker's parts, and also to all other vendors we have because with out them we will soon have no club.
                    Candbstudebakers
                    Castro Valley,
                    California

Comment

The car show was AWESOME with close to thirty Studebakers attending, They are already planning for us to again be a centerpiece next year with other orphan makes. Put it on you calendar! Last weekend in September.
                      It is an addiction!

Comment

Working...
                      X