X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GrumpyOne
    replied
    Originally posted by jclary View Post
    Sorry to be the barer of bad news, Bob...but this might be one of those glitches where you can see the pics, but I can't. Anyone besides Bob see them? Could be only my problem?
    I cain't see it as well...

Just 'cause something is new, (BB), doesn't mean that it's flawless!

Leave a comment:

• jclary
    replied
    This would not only make a great Turning Wheels feature picture...but just a great Studebaker enthusiasts picture as well! Just leave a little room for your own caption across the picture either on top or bottom. How' bout this...put a little LIFT in your life...DRIVE A STUDEBAKER! Anyone else care to suggest a caption???

And...the tag on the car is a hoot!

Leave a comment:

• BobPalma
    replied
    Thanks, guys; 'glad it worked. (Can you imagine the frame twist? Look at how flat those rear tires are planted. Compare the rear tires' contact area with what little contact area the right front tire has.) BP

Leave a comment:

• jclary
    replied
    Originally posted by BobPalma View Post
    I'm going to try again to post the photo referenced in the OPClick image for larger version

Name:	imagejpeg_0.jpg
Views:	269
Size:	85.4 KB
ID:	1803679
    Let me know if anyone can see it now. If not, I have no idea how to make it appear. Clark? BP
    YEAH!...SUCCESS! On both counts...the picture is visible and proof of big power from small displacement Studebaker engines!

Leave a comment:

• ddub
    replied
    I see it, I see it! Clearly air under left front tire.

Leave a comment:

• BobPalma
    replied
    I'm going to try again to post the photo referenced in the OPClick image for larger version

Name:	imagejpeg_0.jpg
Views:	269
Size:	85.4 KB
ID:	1803679
    Let me know if anyone can see it now. If not, I have no idea how to make it appear. Clark? BP

Leave a comment:

• BobPalma
    replied
    Saturday, September 21: I received the Official Results from Promoter Dan Jensen this morning.

The Original Post has been updated to report the final wins and losses for Team Studebaker this year. As you see, Team Studebaker ultimately won four shootouts and lost three. (Ironically, Rich Meadows won his shootout because his competitor broke out, whereas The Plain Brown Wrapper lost its shootout because it broke out!)

See the Original Post for the updates, including which cars Studebakers competed against in the shootouts.

( I still haven't figured out the photo burp; 'waiting for Clark's help since the photo appears as it should when I open this thread. Sorry.) BP

Leave a comment:

• StudeRich
    replied
    I was able to get the actual Camera Icon to work a few days ago, but the New Format is constantly "Evolving"! No longer works.

Leave a comment:

• Dick Steinkamp
    replied
    I still haven't figured out what the camera icon is for, but here's an even easier way to post pictures. Underneath the box where you make your post, there are some smilies. Under those are two blocks. UPLOAD ATTACHMENTS and UPLOAD FROM URL

UPLOAD ATTACHMENTS really means upload a picture from your computer. You click on it, select the picture from your computer and you get a thumbnail of the picture you selected and some size choices.

You pick the size of the picture you want and it is loaded to your post.

The block marked UPLOAD FROM URL gives you a box to enter the URL of your photo if it is already on the internet (photo album or otherwise). After entering it and clicking OK it gives you the same choices of the size for the picture you want to display.

Leave a comment:

• Dick Steinkamp
    replied
    I don't know how you are trying to upload pictures, Bob (from your computer or from a URL). I haven't figured out the camera icon (blue arrow in the screen shot below, but I have used the picture icon (red arrow)

If you click on the picture icon you get this dialog box...

If you are posting a picture that is on the internet, copy the link to that picture in the box marked URL and click OK. Your picture will appear.

If you want to post from your computer, click the UPLOAD tab on the above dialog box and this one will appear...

Click CHOOSE FILE and pick the image you want from your computer. Then click SEND IT TO THE SERVER then OK. Your image will appear.

Leave a comment:

• BobPalma
    replied
    Well, if I had any idea how to make the image appear, I'd do so.

Let's hope Clark sees this sooner or later and can offer a solution. BP

Leave a comment:

• candbstudebakers
    replied
    I have it in my e-mail since Ted posted it and I am one of many on the list, yes it is off the ground.

Leave a comment:

• j.byrd
    replied
    Bob P. here is all that shows up for me...but I am imaginative, so I'll claim to have seen it, ha !

imagejpeg_0.jpg
    Hey, it worked!

Leave a comment:

• ddub
    replied
    I also see broken photo icons.

Thanks for the report, Bob. Look forward to the full write up in TW.

The brick-like shape of a Lark might be strongly affected by a headwind.
    Last edited by ddub; 09-19-2019, 05:23 PM.

Leave a comment:

• 62champ
    replied
    I can see four broken photo icons on my end.

Quick question about Ted lifting tires off the ground. Does he use the regular motor mounts or does he put an bolt all the way through to keep from breaking them all the time (not that the Tomato would not have the power to break off a bolt...)

Leave a comment:

Working...
X