NC Chapter Tri-State Meet 2019 Video!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NC Chapter Tri-State Meet 2019 Video!

The 51s annual Tri-State Meet was held in Maggie Valley NC this past weekend. Beautiful setting, great cars, and wonderful people! Folks attended from NC, SC, Virginia, Georgia, Florida, Indiana, Kentucky, and probably other states that I missed.

Plan to attend next year, September 11 - 12, 2020!

Here is a video showing all the Studebakers in attendance:
    Last edited by r1lark; 09-17-2019, 06:25 AM. Reason: added dates for next year's Tri-State Meet
    Paul
    Winston-Salem, NC
    Visit The Studebaker Skytop Registry website at: www.studebakerskytop.com

Thanks for posting the video.
    51st Annual? Congratulations on THAT!

Comment

Thanks for posting this video----it was a real treat! A trip to Maggie Valley is on my 'bucket list' for sure!

Comment

Thanks Paul! I missed out even driving the Champ this year due to a rotted radiator (and the aluminum one I bought fast to try and drive did not fit) plus some issues with my ankle. But now I've seen the cars and some of the people again!
        Ron Dame
        '63 Champ

Comment

Great video almost as good as being there well worth time it took to watch always enjoy seeing cars from different part of country

Comment

Glad folks have enjoyed this video!

The dates for next year's Tri-State Meet are September 11 - 12, 2020 so plan to attend!!
            Paul
            Winston-Salem, NC

Comment

Thanks Paul for posting this wonderful video. This year's Tri-State was a great one. Thanks for putting my Cruiser in the video.
              Joe Roberts
              '61 R1 Champ
              '65 Cruiser
              Eastern North Carolina Chapter

Comment

Originally posted by JRoberts View Post
                Thanks Paul for posting this wonderful video. This year's Tri-State was a great one. Thanks for putting my Cruiser in the video.
                My pleasure Joe! Hope I got the info on your car and your participation in the Power Tours correct.

It was good to see you.
                Paul
                Winston-Salem, NC

Comment

Thanks Paul, for posting the video! You made the video kinda late in the afternoon. As you know, in these hills, a mini cloudburst can emerge over a peak and soak everything in sight, and move on in minutes. Apparently, a little before you did the video, I became concerned about an approaching dark cloud (it was sprinkling rain), and removed my display of framed 1955 showroom ads (Thanks Richard Quinn for reproducing the ads). Then, I retreated to my room & joined my bride (of 48 years) who wasn't about to miss her football games for a car show.

About my truck...45 years ago, I drove it to my first Studebaker meet. It was the Tri-State meet. Back home, I snapped this photo of my little girl in the back of the truck parked in my yard.

45 years later...both are still around!...I just got older, but... She grew up!
                  John Clary
                  Greer, SC

SDC member since 1975

Comment

Originally posted by r1lark View Post

My pleasure Joe! Hope I got the info on your car and your participation in the Power Tours correct.

It was good to see you.
                    The only thing that wasn't correct was that my son was not able to navigate for me. Jamie McLeod navigated in 2018 and my brother John did the job this year. Not a big deal as I don't know how you got so much info on all of the cars and trucks there. Thanks again for a great job.
                    Joe Roberts
                    '61 R1 Champ
                    '65 Cruiser
                    Eastern North Carolina Chapter

Comment

Working...
                    X