Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A hearty "Thank You Clark" for all your continued and much appreciated efforts.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A hearty "Thank You Clark" for all your continued and much appreciated efforts.

I'm sure with time and usage, it will continue to improve. It already is more user friendly and I've just logged on! I love the "preview" feature.
    Cheers to Clark!
    Bill

Agreed! thanks for upgrading the site!

Comment

I like it, looks like a little tweak that now you don’t have to page through multiple pages. That helps a lot! Thank you for your dedication.

mark

Comment

You know this is a great new toy for us folks. It reminds me of when I was a kid and got a new toy. The first thing I had to do was learn how to play with it. So this is just like that. I am now learning to play with it. There are a few kinks to iron out and I know Clark will get them sorted out and soon it will be even better.

THANK YOU CLARK FOR ALL OF THE EFFORT YOU HAVE PUT INTO THIS CHANGE OVER.
        sigpicSee you in the future as I write about our past

Comment

Had to search around for this thread and wanted to add my support and grateful thanks for updating the Forum. I've yet to check out all the added features, but am looking forward to enjoying the benefits of all the hard work that went into making the Forum look and feel like its now in the 21st Century, great work
          Richard
          sigpic

Comment

Thanks Clark for continuing to support the Forum.
            Howard - Los Angeles chapter SDC
            '53 Commander Starliner (Finally running and driving, but still in process)
            '56 Golden Hawk (3 speed/overdrive, Power steering - Running, but not yet driving)
            '62 GT Hawk (4 speed, A/C, Power steering - running and DRIVING!)

Comment

Yes, thanks for the upgrades.

One of the wonderful benefits of a club-supported forum is NO ADVERTISING !!!!!

I'm a member of a couple of new car marque fora. The owners just "upgraded", and the result is having multiple ads shoved up one's nose on every visit. The owners deny profit as the motive, claiming (bald-faced lie) there is no platform available on which to host a forum without the ads. Here's the proof.

jack vines
              PackardV8

Comment

Thank you all - I appreciate your appreciation

Originally posted by PackardV8 View Post
                One of the wonderful benefits of a club-supported forum is NO ADVERTISING !!!!!

I'm a member of a couple of new car marque fora. The owners just "upgraded", and the result is having multiple ads shoved up one's nose on every visit. The owners deny profit as the motive, claiming (bald-faced lie) there is no platform available on which to host a forum without the ads. Here's the proof.
                Right you are! I really appreciate the SDC's policies in this area, and I'm sure the rest of our users do as well.

Clark in San Diego | '63 Standard (F2) "Barney" | http://studeblogger.blogspot.com

Comment

All I can add is a big WOW! I've been gone for a few days & last tried going in here while the upgrade was being made. Right now is my first chance & to see whats been done is amazing. So bright & new & fresh. Clark, you've outdone youself again & a big thanks to all who had a hand in this.
                  59 Lark wagon, now V-8, H.D. auto!
                  60 Lark convertible V-8 auto
                  61 Champ 1/2 ton 4 speed
                  62 Champ 3/4 ton 5 speed o/drive
                  62 Champ 3/4 ton auto
                  62 Daytona convertible V-8 4 speed & 62 Cruiser, auto.
                  63 G.T. Hawk R-2,4 speed
                  63 Avanti (2) R-1 auto
                  64 Zip Van
                  66 Daytona Sport Sedan(327)V-8 4 speed
                  66 Cruiser V-8 auto

Comment

OK, I'm kinda cross posting this because I'm one of those who encountered a problem and was quick to pull the "carping, whining, and complaint" trigger.

Thanks to Clark (our esteemed moderator/cat herder)...I learned a new term called "Legacy email address." Yep, that's what you end up with when your old company "Bellsouth" was swallowed up by AT&T. However, I don't know if that had anything to do with my problem 'cause I'm still using the same email address for decades now. But, we did reset the password and I'm now able to be logged onto my computer & iPhone at the same time. Which means I can check the forum while away from my computer. I am comfortable "touch typing" on my computer keyboard and hate the hunt & peck on the tiny phone screen. So, I usually do my posting from the computer, but sometimes monitor and check in on my phone when away from the computer.

I'm grateful to Clark for putting up with my rather petty complaint and would like to take the time to urge everyone to give it a chance. Some of my difficulties were self inflicted, and others are the challenge of a learning curve. I'm pretty much "Self-taught" regarding computer technology, so my biggest problem is a Lousy Teacher. In the age of folks shouting at their microwave ovens to HURRY UP!...Complaining about the wait at a drive-in window, or buying a new computer because the old one is too slow...remember...not long ago, what we are doing now used to take weeks and days of waiting for next month's Turning Wheels, or an exchange of letters by snail mail, or even have to pay the charges of a LONG DISTANCE PHONE CALL! (Heaven forbid)

So, we are not even into a full week of this system and you'd think we've already lost all...I'm willing to give it some more time. Already, there's been some adjustments of early glitches. I'm thinking the new system is probably more adjustable (customizable) than the old and just like our Studebakers...a little tweak here, adjustment there...and we will be fine. (eventually)
                    John Clary
                    Greer, SC

SDC member since 1975

Comment

Click image for larger version  Name:	2b888f4f4af1cc67515da1e1a75e26c0a2049b77_00.jpg Views:	0 Size:	32.7 KB ID:	1807096

While most would say. "Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain," quite the opposite is true here.

Mr Clark aka: ShowBizKid, is top on the game as far as forum moderator's go. The latest move to the new format was an outstanding idea, seamless and as painless as just ripping the band-aid off in one fell swoop!

I love that I can now keep all my pictures here on the forum in multiple size formats and not have to worry about extortionist "free" picture hosting sites, or using cutie tricks to make thumbnail pics look big, of dig out my html book for secret coding..

Thank you sir, Thank you, Thank you..
                      SScopelli
                      Last edited by SScopelli; 10-18-2019, 01:09 PM.

Comment

I have much to learn about computing in general and over the years when something has really stumped me Clark has always gotten me moving again. Whether it is this new system or the older ones I have confidence that I'll gain more knowledge about it's uses and rely on Clark for personal assistance when needed. That said, all the posts here show Clark just how valuable he is to our enjoyment and use of this forum. Again, thanks Clark for ALL that you do for us!! Bill

Comment

Throwing my hat in the ring too........THANK YOU CLARK!!

You put up with a lot, and stayed calm and helpful - I sure couldn't have done that!
                          Paul
                          Winston-Salem, NC
                          Visit The Studebaker Skytop Registry website at: www.studebakerskytop.com

Comment

Aw shucks. Thanks guys! And thank you all for contributing all of the knowledge and expertise that makes this place so valuable. It’s our members that make us special!

Clark in San Diego | '63 Standard (F2) "Barney" | http://studeblogger.blogspot.com

Comment

Working...
                            X