This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another Wagon Bites The Dust

Looks like this guy thought it would be more money to part out this complete 1956 Pelham Wagon. It's a shame. Most of the parts are listed on Ebay:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1956-...49896992QQrdZ1

This car was on e-bay for sale about 2 months ago. No one bid, I remember he was asking $800.00. So far he has only sold the top tailgate. He wanted more for the doors then NOS ones are selling for. If anyone is looking for a wagon this one still may be available. It breaks my heart to see this go away since it is identical to mine. Please someone save it if it isn't to late.

1956 Studebaker Pelham Wagon Houston, Texas
    Remember, \"When all is said and done. More is always said then ever done.\"

Comment

This car was on e-bay for sale about 2 months ago. No one bid, I remember he was asking $800.00. So far he has only sold the top tailgate. He wanted more for the doors then NOS ones are selling for. If anyone is looking for a wagon this one still may be available. It breaks my heart to see this go away since it is identical to mine. Please someone save it if it isn't to late.

1956 Studebaker Pelham Wagon Houston, Texas
      Remember, \"When all is said and done. More is always said then ever done.\"

Comment

To me, this is a huge- and frustrating- irony: I hear so much about how tough it's getting to keep old cars on the West Coast, yet that's where they all are... meanwhile, here in the East (at least where I am) I have space plus a much easier time keeping them, yet decent cars are hard to find...[}]

Maybe someday a more reasonable way to ship cars cross-country will magically appear... Occasionally I'm told about someone who'll ship coast-to-coast for $8-900; but they never pan out; usually more like $11-1200, and it'll be a few weeks to a month, and it has to be running with brakes... all of which rules out anything but a high-dollar decent car...[V]

I'm still smarting about that solid, complete Lark in CA that sold on eBay for $260.........[B)][}][V]

Robert K. Andrews Owner- IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys!)
        Parish, central NY 13131
        http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2358680/1

Comment

To me, this is a huge- and frustrating- irony: I hear so much about how tough it's getting to keep old cars on the West Coast, yet that's where they all are... meanwhile, here in the East (at least where I am) I have space plus a much easier time keeping them, yet decent cars are hard to find...[}]

Maybe someday a more reasonable way to ship cars cross-country will magically appear... Occasionally I'm told about someone who'll ship coast-to-coast for $8-900; but they never pan out; usually more like $11-1200, and it'll be a few weeks to a month, and it has to be running with brakes... all of which rules out anything but a high-dollar decent car...[V]

I'm still smarting about that solid, complete Lark in CA that sold on eBay for $260.........[B)][}][V]

Robert K. Andrews Owner- IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys!)
          Parish, central NY 13131
          http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2358680/1

Comment

I just took a look at a map~ Mr Biggs, you're closer!!! [:0]
            I see a lot of good parts in these few pictures, may be worth it for me to give the guy a call [?] If only I had the time and a place for it...
            Ohh, Dad?!?!?

StudeDave [8D]
            V/P San Diego County SDC
            San Diego, Ca

'54 Commander 4dr 'Ruby'
            '57 Parkview (it's a 2dr wagon...) 'Betsy'
            '57 Commander 2dr 'Baby'
            '57 Champion 2dr 'Jewel'
            '58 Packard sedan 'Cleo'
            '65 Cruiser 'Sweet Pea'
            StudeDave '57
            US Navy (retired)

3rd Generation Stude owner/driver
            SDC Member since 1985

past President
            Whatcom County Chapter SDC
            San Diego Chapter SDC

past Vice President
            San Diego Chapter SDC
            North Florida Chapter SDC

Comment

I just took a look at a map~ Mr Biggs, you're closer!!! [:0]
              I see a lot of good parts in these few pictures, may be worth it for me to give the guy a call [?] If only I had the time and a place for it...
              Ohh, Dad?!?!?

StudeDave [8D]
              V/P San Diego County SDC
              San Diego, Ca

'54 Commander 4dr 'Ruby'
              '57 Parkview (it's a 2dr wagon...) 'Betsy'
              '57 Commander 2dr 'Baby'
              '57 Champion 2dr 'Jewel'
              '58 Packard sedan 'Cleo'
              '65 Cruiser 'Sweet Pea'
              StudeDave '57
              US Navy (retired)

3rd Generation Stude owner/driver
              SDC Member since 1985

past President
              Whatcom County Chapter SDC
              San Diego Chapter SDC

past Vice President
              San Diego Chapter SDC
              North Florida Chapter SDC

Comment

If I wasn't so far away, I can assure you that I would of bought it.

58 Packard Wagon (Parade Red)
                58 Packard Wagon (Park Green)
                58 Packard Hardtop
                58 Packard Sedan
                57 Packard Wagon
                62 Daytona
                63 Lark Custom 2 Door Sedan R2

Comment

If I wasn't so far away, I can assure you that I would of bought it.

58 Packard Wagon (Parade Red)
                  58 Packard Wagon (Park Green)
                  58 Packard Hardtop
                  58 Packard Sedan
                  57 Packard Wagon
                  62 Daytona
                  63 Lark Custom 2 Door Sedan R2

Comment

The 1956 Pelham wagon I saw it on Oct. & this year.It On Kamm Ave just off 99 in Kingsburg. I sent Mr Biggs and Arkie Jazz the pictures that I took of it. It was in pretty sad shape. I can't remember if it had an engine in it or not. I haven't figured out how to post pictures yet. So I sent the ones I had to them. Hope this helps

Mabel 1949 Champion
                    1957 Silverhawk
                    1955 Champion
                    Gus 1958 Transtar
                    Mabel 1949 Champion
                    Hawk 1957 Silverhawk
                    Gus 1958 Transtar
                    The Prez 1955 President State
                    Blu 1957 Golden Hawk
                    Daisy 1954 Regal Commander Starlight Coupe
                    Fresno,Ca

Comment

The 1956 Pelham wagon I saw it on Oct. & this year.It On Kamm Ave just off 99 in Kingsburg. I sent Mr Biggs and Arkie Jazz the pictures that I took of it. It was in pretty sad shape. I can't remember if it had an engine in it or not. I haven't figured out how to post pictures yet. So I sent the ones I had to them. Hope this helps

Mabel 1949 Champion
                      1957 Silverhawk
                      1955 Champion
                      Gus 1958 Transtar
                      Mabel 1949 Champion
                      Hawk 1957 Silverhawk
                      Gus 1958 Transtar
                      The Prez 1955 President State
                      Blu 1957 Golden Hawk
                      Daisy 1954 Regal Commander Starlight Coupe
                      Fresno,Ca

Comment

I've been toying with the idea of storing a few cars at Sal's in Ca. until I get a 6-8 car truck load. I could do Ca. to Md for $800 a car that way. If I get close, I could sell a empty slot or two.

JDP
                        Arnold Md.
                        Studebaker On The Net
                        http://stude.com
                        My Ebay Items
                        http://www.stude.com/EBAY/

64 Daytona HT
                        63 R2 4 speed GT Hawk
                        63 Avanti R1/AC
                        63 Lark 2 dr.
                        62 Lark 2 door
                        60 Hawk
                        52 Starlight
                        52 Starliner
                        51 Commander
                        JDP Maryland

Comment

I've been toying with the idea of storing a few cars at Sal's in Ca. until I get a 6-8 car truck load. I could do Ca. to Md for $800 a car that way. If I get close, I could sell a empty slot or two.

JDP
                          Arnold Md.
                          Studebaker On The Net
                          http://stude.com
                          My Ebay Items
                          http://www.stude.com/EBAY/

64 Daytona HT
                          63 R2 4 speed GT Hawk
                          63 Avanti R1/AC
                          63 Lark 2 dr.
                          62 Lark 2 door
                          60 Hawk
                          52 Starlight
                          52 Starliner
                          51 Commander
                          JDP Maryland

Comment

JP,

I suspect that if you gave us some advance notice the trailer could be filled by folks here. In fact, this might be a business opportunity for someone here to try and schedule. Of course we would need west coast and east coast drop off points.

Gary

Guido Salvage - "Where rust is beautiful"

Studebaker horse drawn buggy; 1946 M-16 fire truck; 1948 M-16 grain truck; 1949 2R16A grain truck; 1949 2R17A fire truck; 1950 2R5 pickup; 1952 2R17A grain truck; 1952 Packard 200 4 door; 1955 E-38 grain truck; 1957 3E-40 flatbed; 1961 6E-28 grain truck; 1962 7E-13D 4x4 rack truck; 1962 7E-7 Champ pickup; 1962 GT Hawk 4 speed; 1963 8E-28 flatbed; 1964 Avanti R2 4 speed; 1964 Cruiser and various other "treasures".

Hiding and preserving Studebakers in Richmond, Goochland & Louisa, Va.
                            Join me in removing narcissists, trolls, self annoited "experts" and general idiots via the Ignore button.

The official SDC Forum heel nipper ���

�Middle age is when your broad mind and narrow waist begin to change places.� E. Joseph Cossman

For every mile of road, there are 2 miles of ditch. ���

"All lies matter - fight the kleptocracy"

Comment

JP,

I suspect that if you gave us some advance notice the trailer could be filled by folks here. In fact, this might be a business opportunity for someone here to try and schedule. Of course we would need west coast and east coast drop off points.

Gary

Guido Salvage - "Where rust is beautiful"

Studebaker horse drawn buggy; 1946 M-16 fire truck; 1948 M-16 grain truck; 1949 2R16A grain truck; 1949 2R17A fire truck; 1950 2R5 pickup; 1952 2R17A grain truck; 1952 Packard 200 4 door; 1955 E-38 grain truck; 1957 3E-40 flatbed; 1961 6E-28 grain truck; 1962 7E-13D 4x4 rack truck; 1962 7E-7 Champ pickup; 1962 GT Hawk 4 speed; 1963 8E-28 flatbed; 1964 Avanti R2 4 speed; 1964 Cruiser and various other "treasures".

Hiding and preserving Studebakers in Richmond, Goochland & Louisa, Va.
                              Join me in removing narcissists, trolls, self annoited "experts" and general idiots via the Ignore button.

The official SDC Forum heel nipper ���

�Middle age is when your broad mind and narrow waist begin to change places.� E. Joseph Cossman

For every mile of road, there are 2 miles of ditch. ���

"All lies matter - fight the kleptocracy"

Comment

Working...
                              X