Hemi block ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hemi block ?

Anyone need a Hemi block, and crank from a Dodge D 500 ? I can get it from the guy I bought the hemi Hardtop from if it's worth hauling home.

JDP/Maryland
    "I'm a great believer in luck and I find the harder I work, the more I have of it."
    Thomas Jefferson
    JDP Maryland

The guys over on the H.A.M.B. would snatch it up in a heartbeat. If usable, I'd guess $250.

thnx, jack vines

PackardV8
    PackardV8

Comment

OK, I'll drag it home, thanks.

JDP/Maryland
      "I'm a great believer in luck and I find the harder I work, the more I have of it."
      Thomas Jefferson
      JDP Maryland

Comment

Hey--If you can get it to Los Angeles; put my name on the list of interested persons.

Comment

If it's a 392 ['57-'58] Hemi it's worth bunches!

Comment

Hi, Jim,

Not
            quote:a 392 ['57-'58] Hemi it's worth bunches!
            it's a
            quote:block, and crank from a Dodge D 500
            thnx, jack vines

PackardV8
            PackardV8

Comment

Tom Covington has a complete Hemi on his engine stand (complete with 2bbl intake and carb).
              It's for sale cheap ($600 or so)...
              Jeff[8D]

quote:Originally posted by JDP

Anyone need a Hemi block, and crank from a Dodge D 500 ? I can get it from the guy I bought the hemi Hardtop from if it's worth hauling home.
              http://community.webshots.com/user/deepnhock
              HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Comment

I could probably identify it with just the bore. And dodge did use chrysler hemis in their trucks. But the stamped number front of the valley cover will tell the story. What is the location of the $600 hemi?

Comment

Never been a brand X guy but, I had a chance to run a FED with a SBC naturally aspirated on race fuel . I ran an 8.80 @ 151 at best. There was a guy with a 354 Hemi running 8.20's on alcohol.

Gordon

Comment

quote:Originally posted by PackardV8

Hi, Jim,

Not
                    quote:a 392 ['57-'58] Hemi it's worth bunches!
                    it's a
                    quote:block, and crank from a Dodge D 500
                    thnx, jack vines

PackardV8
                    Don Garlits didn't gain his early fame with a chyrsler hemi. Check his history he used the early dodge. It's definently worth hauling home.

Comment

I tried out a '56 D-500 back in late 50s. Pretty impressive- 0 - 100 in 19 seconds (by glancing at the second hand on my watch as I GRIPPED the wheel). That was a four door sedan with the two-speed Powerflite a/t. I think it had solid lifters unike the regular hemis that had hydraulics.

Paul Johnson, Wild and Wonderful West Virginia
                      '53 Commander Starliner (since 1966)
                      '64 Daytona Wagonaire (original owner)
                      '64 Daytona Convertible (2006)
                      Museum R-4 engine
                      1962 Gravely Model L (Studebaker-Packard serial plate)
                      1972 Gravely Model 430 (Studebaker name plate, Studebaker Onan engine)
                      Paul Johnson, Wild and Wonderful West Virginia.
                      '64 Daytona Wagonaire, '64 Avanti R-1, Museum R-4 engine, '72 Gravely Model 430 with Onan engine

Comment

I'm pretty sure there was a D-500 car and a D-500 truck as well. Dodge trucks continued to use hemis long after 1958.

Comment

The trick is finding a D-501!!

1957 Dodge D501,only one hundred cars were built for NASCAR and drag racing use. Factory-installed 354 cubic inch Hemi engine, dual quad carburetors, oversize brakes and special racing suspension.
                          Mono mind in a stereo world

Comment

It's probably a 315 if it's a 58

7G-Q1 49 2R12 10G-F5 56B-D4 56B-F2
                            As soon as you find a product you like they will stop making it.

Comment

May be 331, 354 or 392. '58 was the only year of 392 but there can be confusion on VIN's so you might say '57-'58. I'd say most often a 318 Poly, 354 Hemi or rare 392 Hemi in a big truck in '58.

Most Chrysler products were only offered with wedge-head engines after '58 but I've heard of Hemi's being used for a year or two more, only in bigger trucks.

Sort of the same with Mopar 318 Polyspherical V8, discontinued at '66 model year but my own '67 came with a Poly from the factory, and they were used in commercial trucks up until '72! The 318 Poly has a scalloped edge at the bottom side of rocker covers, cover retained with only 2 bolts, and no hole in rocker cover for sparkplugs like a Hemi has.

Comment

Working...
                              X