Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Central Virginia Meet photos

We had a great Studebaker Meet today.

The weather was wonderful, temperature in the 70s. We had lots of people who brought their cars to the show, so we had a real variety of makes.

I put the pictures on Webshots. Here is the link:

http://good-times.webshots.com/album/568415704NdGcBq

Here is a picture of part of the show.

Guido brought his Studebaker farm wagon.

Frank Drumheller (Studelark) brought his 60 Lark.

And I brought my 52 Commander.

Leonard Shepherd
    http://leonardshepherd.com/

Lookin' good, Lenny. What is the facility/nature of the business where the meet was held? 'Good to have confirmation of Guido being there and know the potential of his demise was premature.BP
    We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

Ayn Rand:
    "You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality."

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Great looking cars and good turnout. But you STOLE our weather.! ! ! Here we are in California suffering under a cold,cloudy and rainy weekend. UGH. Maybe Virginia is the place to be, eh?

sals54
      sals54

Comment

quote:Originally posted by sals54

Here we are in California suffering under a cold, cloudy and rainy weekend. UGH. sals54
        But not ALL of California... [] [^]

You know you've "made it" when a Lambo shows up.
        Nice rides out there in VA!!!

StudeDave '57 [)]
        In the San Diego sun
        StudeDave '57
        US Navy (retired)

3rd Generation Stude owner/driver
        SDC Member since 1985

past President
        Whatcom County Chapter SDC
        San Diego Chapter SDC

past Vice President
        San Diego Chapter SDC
        North Florida Chapter SDC

Comment

quote: Lookin' good, Lenny. What is the facility/nature of the business where the meet was held? 'Good to have confirmation of Guido being there and know the potential of his demise was premature.BP
          The meet was at Southern Auto Sales. Darryl's father started the used car business and Darryl keeps it going. Here is an old ad. I don't know how Darryl got into Studebakers, but he has a lot of them.
          He says the car business is dead, so he is mostly selling portable buildings and car ports.

Leonard Shepherd

Comment

A '51 Studebaker truck for $99???

Wow.

Matthew Burnette
            Hazlehurst, GA

Comment

quote:Originally posted by lstude
              The meet was at Southern Auto Sales. Darryl's father started the used car business and Darryl keeps it going. Here is an old ad. I don't know how Darryl got into Studebakers, but he has a lot of them.
              I like how the '57 Stude wagon kept its resale value the same as the Old hardtop wagon.[^] I wonder what the mileage and the condition each were in.

Craig

Comment

quote:Originally posted by mbstude

A '51 Studebaker truck for $99??? Wow. Matthew Burnette
                I'll take the $499 '57 Stude wagon and some of that free gas, please!!!

StudeDave '57 [8D]
                StudeDave '57
                US Navy (retired)

3rd Generation Stude owner/driver
                SDC Member since 1985

past President
                Whatcom County Chapter SDC
                San Diego Chapter SDC

past Vice President
                San Diego Chapter SDC
                North Florida Chapter SDC

Comment

Cool, Lenny. It was common practice to have station wagons listed separately.

I think I'll take a chance on that '57 Ford 2-door wagon for $199; I always did like 1957 Fords. Please call Darryl and ask him to put a brick on it (figuratively speaking, of course) and I'll be over to get it presently. Thanks. BP
                  We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

Ayn Rand:
                  "You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality."

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

quote:Cool, Lenny. It was common practice to have station wagons listed separately.

I think I'll take a chance on that '57 Ford 2-door wagon for $199; I always did like 1957 Fords. Please call Darryl and ask him to put a brick on it (figuratively speaking, of course) and I'll be over to get it presently. Thanks. BP
                    Darryl can't get you one but Guido probably can. This one was at the Field Day of the Past that Gary is part of. Of course it is probably not $199!

Leonard Shepherd

Comment

Anybody know what the red dump truck is? Autocar?
                      Frank van Doorn
                      Omaha, Ne.
                      1962 GT Hawk 289 4 speed
                      1941 Champion streetrod, R-2 Powered, GM 200-4R trans.
                      1952 V-8 232 Commander State "Starliner" hardtop OD

Comment

Thanks, Lenny. Boy, it's a wonder they sold any 1957 Chevrolets, as good-looking as were 1957 Fords. But Chevrolet was clearly the better of the two mechanically, which explains Chevrolet's higher survival rate. BP

Ayn Rand:

Comment

quote:Originally posted by 41 Frank

Reo, with a Gold Comet engine.

Craig

Comment

quote:Originally posted by 8E45E

quote:Originally posted by 41 Frank

Reo, with a Gold Comet engine.

Craig
                            [?] Gold Comet or Continental Red Seal, Craig? (I don't claim to know; I'm not arguing. 'Just seems like Continental Red Seal might be the motive force...) BP

Ayn Rand:

Comment

quote:Originally posted by BobPalma

[?] Gold Comet or Continental Red Seal, Craig? (I don't claim to know; I'm not arguing. 'Just seems like Continental Red Seal might be the motive force...) BP
                              The tapered arrow near the grille on the side of the hood identifies the engine.

http://www.playle.com/listing.php?i=BOOTS32157

http://www.adclassix.com/ads2/55reogoldcomet.htm

Best I could find on Google right now...

Craig

Comment

Working...
                              X