No announcement yet.

Suprise in my mailbox today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Right on all counts, Art. I couldn't get high enough of an angle to shoot it correctly. I would like to shoot that location with the sun behind the camera some day to light the car properly. It was not meant to be posted as an example of anything other than a favorite of mine. I just wish I could have given you a better quality shot. The shortcomings are mine, not your choices. Please don't take it any other way. This has been inspirational to come up with a unique composition by April 30th. We don't even get leaves out on the trees around here by that date anymore!
    Again, thank you, Art. I have always respected your eye and editorial labors.

Comment

No Sweat Barnlark. We will likely CONTINUE to have photo contests
      at all times of the year.

Comment

Dave, was out-of-town this week and just came home to my TW. GREAT cover shot, and GREAT car! (Positive photo of Cleveland is a good thing, too!)

Bill Pressler
        Kent, OH
        '63 Lark Daytona Skytop R1
        Bill Pressler
        Kent, OH
        (formerly Greenville, PA)
        Currently owned: 1966 Cruiser, Timberline Turquoise, 26K miles
        Formerly owned: 1963 Lark Daytona Skytop R1, Ermine White
        1964 Daytona Hardtop, Strato Blue
        1966 Daytona Sports Sedan, Niagara Blue Mist
        All are in Australia now

Comment

Just got mine and wanted to add my congrats too, Dave! My goal is to someday have a car worthy of a cover... then I'll have to figure out how to take a picture of it[:I]

First thing I thought of when I saw that cover: Some movies where, when the heroine sees the hero for the first time, he smiles- and the light reflects off his perfect white teeth

Robert (Bob) Andrews Owner- Studebakeracres- on the IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys!)
          Parish, central NY 13131

"Some people live for the rules, I live for exceptions"- 311

"Do they all not, by mere virtue of having survived as relics of a bygone era, amass a level of respect perhaps not accorded to them when they were new?"

Comment

Thanks gentlemen. You both deserve a cover car soon.

Comment

I dunno, I rather liked it. Why photoshop out the clouds, they give the sky interest. Yeah, the detail is washed out by shadow, who cares? The car is still beautiful. The picture has kind of a dreamy aspect to it. I'd be glad to have it framed on the wall.[^]

Home of the famous Mr. Ed!
              K.I.S.S. Keep It Simple Studebaker!
              Ron Smith
              Where the heck is Lewiston, CA?
              Home of the famous Mr. Ed!
              K.I.S.S. Keep It Simple Studebaker!
              Ron Smith
              Where the heck is Fawn Lodge, CA?

Comment

Clunk, what I meant was to burn the clouds in to give them more detail. Since it's not an enlarger in my basement anymore, I've had to embrace new terminology. If I had my D1x I would have thrown on a polarizing filter and maybe the harsh reflections and sky would have been better. Ansel Adams used to wait months to get the correct lighting situation and finish the zones later; that's why he was, whom he was.

Comment

Working...
                X