OK, now where's Guido??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OK, now where's Guido??

First Swifster disappears without a trace; now it's Guido, with no posts in 10 DAYS! Where are you, Gary???

Robert (Bob) Andrews Owner- Studebakeracres- on the IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys!)
    Parish, central NY 13131

"Some people live for the rules, I live for exceptions"- 311

"Do they all not, by mere virtue of having survived as relics of a bygone era, amass a level of respect perhaps not accorded to them when they were new?"

I don't know where he is. He just lives a couple of miles from me.

I hope he will be at our meet this Saturday.

Leonard Shepherd
    http://leonardshepherd.com/

Comment

quote:Originally posted by lstude

I don't know where he is. He just lives a couple of miles from me.
      Leonard Shepherd
      Since he's involved in financial matters, could he be off sewing his golden parachute?[:0][}] BP
      We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

Ayn Rand:
      "You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality."

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Last I heard from him he was hopefully going to Reedsville and bringing some parts..[?]

Comment

quote:Originally posted by bams50

First Swifster disappears without a trace; now it's Guido, with no posts in 10 DAYS! Where are you, Gary???
          Are you now doing the Forum roll call?

Next, you'll be asking for an absence note from these guys!![:0]

Craig

Comment

Well, I for one, am tickled pink that Bob is not only willing but outgoing in showing concern for these people. don't take me wrong, I know that to some extent all of you care. But it is he that is posting. I often think about if something happens to me, who would know and when??? I'd probably die before someone actually came to my house to check on me. So having someone who cares is very wonderful.

I've been tempted to call these people myself, so if that is any help Bob, go for it.

'50 Champion, 1 family owner

Comment

Spoke to him today, he's ok

Take Care

George

Comment

Maybe he's hiding out to see if anyone would notice. [)]

Matthew Burnette
                Hazlehurst, GA

Comment

I don't know about Gary, but our modem went down on Friday so I couldn't check in from home. I couldn't wait to get back to work so I could see what was on the forum. Is that a bad thing?

1952 Champion Starlight, 1962 Daytona, both w/overdrive.Searcy,Arkansas
                  "I may be lazy, but I'm not shiftless."
                  sigpic

"In the heart of Arkansas."
                  Searcy, Arkansas
                  1952 Commander 2 door. Really fine 259.
                  1952 2R pickup

Comment

quote:Originally posted by 8E45E

Are you now doing the Forum roll call?

Next, you'll be asking for an absence note from these guys!![:0]

Craig
                    I guess it is a mini roll-call. People come and go here- but when one of the most dedicated and frequent participants (and a friend) suddenly stops cold for a long stretch, you wonder if they're OK... that happens with friends. You don't think that makes sense?

Robert (Bob) Andrews Owner- Studebakeracres- on the IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys!)
                    Parish, central NY 13131

"Do they all not, by mere virtue of having survived as relics of a bygone era, amass a level of respect perhaps not accorded to them when they were new?"

Comment

quote:Originally posted by 52-fan

I don't know about Gary, but our modem went down on Friday so I couldn't check in from home. I couldn't wait to get back to work so I could see what was on the forum. Is that a bad thing?

Yes, it is a "bad thing" if it causes you to lose your employment.

Gary L.
                      Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
                      Studebaker enthusiast much longer
                      Gary L.
                      Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968

Comment

I guess it is a mini roll-call. People come and go here- but when one of the most dedicated and frequent participants (and a friend) suddenly stops cold for a long stretch, you wonder if they're OK... that happens with friends. You don't think that makes sense?
                        I go about it the opposite way. If I am truly concerned about someone, in this case, not being seen on a forum, I will contact them directly; via E-mail or phone, etc. Only as a last resort would I go 'public' with a MIA question about the individual, and that is if I do not get any response within a reasonable amount of time.

Craig

Comment

[brown]Robert (Bob) Andrews

I have also been noticing, on a daily basis, that Gary H. hasn't posted since the 19th (my wife Cathy's birthday). I thought that if he didn't appear in two weeks, I would try to contact him directly. I do understand your feeling, Bob A. We get to be sort of a family here - the "regulars" that is. We don't always agree, but that is normal with friends and family.

Gary L.
                          Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
                          Gary L.
                          Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968

Comment

quote:Originally posted by 8E45E

I go about it the opposite way. If I am truly concerned about someone, in this case, not being seen on a forum, I will contact them directly; via E-mail or phone, etc. Only as a last resort would I go 'public' with a MIA question about the individual, and that is if I do not get any response within a reasonable amount of time.

Craig
                            I have Gary's e-mail, and his phone number. I do consider him a friend, but not quite close enough that I'd feel comfortable calling him out of the blue. You're assuming I didn't e-mail him, which I have. But mainly, by posting it here, it holds the possibility that someone closer to him may have seen him and could say he's OK, and we'd leave it at that. That's my only motivation- I have no need to pry.

I can't believe I've got to explain/defend being concerned about the well-being of another human being... but if I gotta, I gotta![B)]

Parish, central NY 13131

Comment

quote:Originally posted by BobGlasscock

Well, I for one, am tickled pink that Bob is not only willing but outgoing in showing concern for these people. don't take me wrong, I know that to some extent all of you care. But it is he that is posting. I often think about if something happens to me, who would know and when??? I'd probably die before someone actually came to my house to check on me. So having someone who cares is very wonderful.

I've been tempted to call these people myself, so if that is any help Bob, go for it.
                              Thanks, Bob. But I realize everyone comes to this Club, and Forum, from a different perspective. Some are from a long-time inner circle that dates from way before the 'net. Some are just hit-and-runners. Some are here from a virtual perspective, meaning they see the interaction as faceless entities exchanging words and info. But some feel a real connection with the other participants on a human level based on a common interest/passion.

The last group is where I am. Which is the reason for the "roll call" of sorts.

Not for everybody, but it's how I roll

Parish, central NY 13131

Comment

Working...
                              X