This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 50 Studebaker - Taurus wagon

Will the madness ever end![] There is a 87 Taurus wagon on eBay with a 50 Studebaker front end grafted onto it and 50 Studebaker tail lights. Probably no one on this forum will be bidding on it, but if you want to, I would suggest checking out the vendor's feedback. It is one of the worst I have seen.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1950-...QQcmdZViewItem

Leonard Shepherd, editor, The Commanding Leader, Central Virginia Chapter, http://centralvirginiachapter.org/

Oh my gosh!!!
    That is the weirdest thing I've ever seen. Horrific, yet you're somehow drawn to it.

And this coming from a guy who would love a late model Taurus wagon (the oval "mother ship") to customize into a two-door "Yesmad".

63 Avanti R1 2788
    1914 Stutz Bearcat
    (George Barris replica)

Washington State
    63 Avanti R1 2788
    1914 Stutz Bearcat
    (George Barris replica)

Washington State

Comment

Oh my gosh!!!
      That is the weirdest thing I've ever seen. Horrific, yet you're somehow drawn to it.

And this coming from a guy who would love a late model Taurus wagon (the oval "mother ship") to customize into a two-door "Yesmad".

63 Avanti R1 2788
      1914 Stutz Bearcat
      (George Barris replica)

Washington State
      63 Avanti R1 2788
      1914 Stutz Bearcat
      (George Barris replica)

Washington State

Comment

They even put the bump in the rear doors to match the original rear fender shape.

It's really not "that" bad looking!
        But it's a FOUR cylinder....
        And did you see his feedback?

Mike

Comment

They even put the bump in the rear doors to match the original rear fender shape.

But it's a FOUR cylinder....
          And did you see his feedback?

Mike

Comment

quote:Originally posted by Mike Van Veghten

I like the car too...especially that rear quarter. I think the pontoon part of the front fender (in front of the wheel) is a little too heavy looking to be proportioned correctly, however.

If you need to drive a Taurus wagon, this one would sure be a lot more fun than a stock one [8D]

Dick Steinkamp
            Bellingham, WA

Comment

quote:Originally posted by Mike Van Veghten

I like the car too...especially that rear quarter. I think the pontoon part of the front fender (in front of the wheel) is a little too heavy looking to be proportioned correctly, however.

If you need to drive a Taurus wagon, this one would sure be a lot more fun than a stock one [8D]

Dick Steinkamp
              Bellingham, WA

Comment

If I recall, this is the second pass for this car (I can't imagine someone else doing this). Somehow I recall that it was siver before.

Guido Salvage - "Where rust is beautiful"

Studebaker horse drawn buggy; 1946 M-16 fire truck; 1948 M-16 grain truck; 1949 2R16A grain truck; 1949 2R17A fire truck; 1950 2R5 pickup; 1952 2R17A grain truck; 1952 Packard 200 4 door; 1955 E-38 grain truck; 1957 3E-40 flatbed; 1961 6E-28 grain truck; 1962 7E-13D 4x4 rack truck; 1962 7E-7 Champ pickup; 1962 GT Hawk 4 speed; 1963 8E-28 flatbed; 1964 Avanti R2 4 speed; 1964 Cruiser and various other "treasures".

Hiding and preserving Studebakers in Richmond, Goochland & Louisa, Va.
                Join me in removing narcissists, trolls, self annoited "experts" and general idiots via the Ignore button.

The official SDC Forum heel nipper ���

�Middle age is when your broad mind and narrow waist begin to change places.� E. Joseph Cossman

For every mile of road, there are 2 miles of ditch. ���

"All lies matter - fight the kleptocracy"

Comment

If I recall, this is the second pass for this car (I can't imagine someone else doing this). Somehow I recall that it was siver before.

Guido Salvage - "Where rust is beautiful"

Studebaker horse drawn buggy; 1946 M-16 fire truck; 1948 M-16 grain truck; 1949 2R16A grain truck; 1949 2R17A fire truck; 1950 2R5 pickup; 1952 2R17A grain truck; 1952 Packard 200 4 door; 1955 E-38 grain truck; 1957 3E-40 flatbed; 1961 6E-28 grain truck; 1962 7E-13D 4x4 rack truck; 1962 7E-7 Champ pickup; 1962 GT Hawk 4 speed; 1963 8E-28 flatbed; 1964 Avanti R2 4 speed; 1964 Cruiser and various other "treasures".

Hiding and preserving Studebakers in Richmond, Goochland & Louisa, Va.
                  Join me in removing narcissists, trolls, self annoited "experts" and general idiots via the Ignore button.

The official SDC Forum heel nipper ���

�Middle age is when your broad mind and narrow waist begin to change places.� E. Joseph Cossman

For every mile of road, there are 2 miles of ditch. ���

"All lies matter - fight the kleptocracy"

Comment

The rear looks good, the front is horrible. I think a 1952 front end would have looked better; a front bumper would help.
                    "Madness...is the exception in individuals, but the rule in groups" - Nietzsche.

Comment

The rear looks good, the front is horrible. I think a 1952 front end would have looked better; a front bumper would help.
                      "Madness...is the exception in individuals, but the rule in groups" - Nietzsche.

Comment

Yes Guido, you're correct. I saw it too and yes it was silver.

Comment

Yes Guido, you're correct. I saw it too and yes it was silver.

Comment

quote: Leonard,

I personally think you are taking this PhotoShop "phantom Stude" thing too far! Imagine, Using an alias on Ebay to play this joke on us.

<http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j2...small2.jpg> Bob Feaganes (stude53)
                            53 Starliner Hardtop
                            Newton Grove, NC
                            Not in my wildest imagination would I have mated a 50 Champion to a Taurus wagon. Although I have to admit, the Stude front end looks a whole lot better than that "Guppie Mouth" that the Taurus had originally!

Leonard Shepherd, editor, The Commanding Leader, Central Virginia Chapter, http://centralvirginiachapter.org/

Comment

quote: Leonard,

I personally think you are taking this PhotoShop "phantom Stude" thing too far! Imagine, Using an alias on Ebay to play this joke on us.

<http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j2...small2.jpg> Bob Feaganes (stude53)
                              53 Starliner Hardtop
                              Newton Grove, NC
                              Not in my wildest imagination would I have mated a 50 Champion to a Taurus wagon. Although I have to admit, the Stude front end looks a whole lot better than that "Guppie Mouth" that the Taurus had originally!

Comment

Working...
                              X