Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If I Didn't See It, I Wouldn't Believe It!

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • If I Didn't See It, I Wouldn't Believe It!

    [:0] OMIGOSH! [:0] The January 2007 Hot Rod magazine is in subscriber mailboxes about now; 'just got mine today (Nov. 17). [)]

    It contains an 8-Page report on The 2006 Bonneville Speed Week. The report includes 19 color photographs. Nowhere in any of the 19 photographs, not even in the background when examining the photos with a magnifying glass, is a C/K body Studebaker to be seen! At Bonneville, for Pete's sake!

    Unbelievable! If I didn't see it with my own two eyes, I would not have believed it.

    Has every single C/K body '53-'55 Stude been used up or is being horded for future rodding or restoration? [?] This has to be the first-ever comprehensive report on Bonneville Speed Week in which not one C/K body Studebaker is visible, much less written up. AAARRRRGGGHHH!

    Oh, well, we already had our consolation prize: Last month's Hot Rod 1/3-page article on The Plain Brown Wrapper at The Martin MI FAST/Pure Stock Drag Race. Still, this is a shock after having seen every imaginable manifestation of C/K Studebaker-bodied cars being run in various classes at Bonneville, seemingly forever. [}] [8D] BP
    We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

    Ayn Rand:
    "You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality."

    G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

  • #2
    Well, they missed a GREAT story. The "Minnesota-based "Salt 2 Salt" racing team set TWO 2006 Bonneville records with their turbocharged Champion 6-banger. Here's their website: www.salt2salt.com



    BShaw,Webmaster

    60 Hawk. 49 2R5, 39 Champion
    Woodbury, Minnesota
    sigpic
    Bob Shaw
    Rush City, Minnesota
    1960 Hawk - www.northstarstudebakers.com
    "The farther I go, the behinder I get."

    Comment


    • #3
      [V] Boy, Hot Rod certainly DID miss a good story! PHOOEY!
      Hopefully, the Salt to Salt team will write up a good article for Turning Wheels!
      [] MANY congratulations to the team! [] BP
      We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

      Ayn Rand:
      "You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality."

      G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

      Comment


      • #4
        That is a fantastic movie Mr. Palma. I saw a '53 Stude or two, but not the Champ. I'll have to go and buy it now!

        I too highly recommend it to anyone interested in vintage racing. In the movie, there's a LOT of vintage racers running aroubd. Cool stuff... [8D]




        http://mbstudebaker.blogspot.com/
        http://thestudillac.blogspot.com/

        Comment


        • #5
          Most underrated movie of the year in my opinion and a wonderful performance by Sir Anthony Hopkins. We enjoyed it and will see it again to see if we can spot the Studes.
          Frank van Doorn
          Omaha, Ne.
          1962 GT Hawk 289 4 speed
          1941 Champion streetrod, R-2 Powered, GM 200-4R trans.
          1952 V-8 232 Commander State "Starliner" hardtop OD

          Comment


          • #6
            Speaking of Bonneville, my wife and I finally got around to renting and watching The World's Fastest Indian just this evening. What a WONDERFUL movie! [:I]

            Precious little Stude content, but didn't I see a reddish-orange C/K streamliner in there? And I know I saw a blue Champ pickup. [] Do those (or others) belong to anyone here? [?] (Sorry for being late to view this movie; perhaps these items have been discussed previously.) [)]

            HIGHLY recommended; even non-car folks will enjoy it, as has been posted here and elsewhere. BP
            We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

            Ayn Rand:
            "You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality."

            G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

            Comment


            • #7
              [quote]Originally posted by mbstude

              That is a fantastic movie Mr. Palma. I saw a '53 Stude or two, but not the Champ. I'll have to go and buy it now!

              Matthew: The Champ is trying to hide, but there is plenty of time to see it. It is behind an older, yellowish Chevy/GMC/Ford (beats me; I was studying the Champ!) truck parked outside a dusty general store somewhere in the desert where he stops. The Champ is light pastel blue and you can see the front 2 feet or so sticking out from in front of the other, more prominent truck. BP
              We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

              Ayn Rand:
              "You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality."

              G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

              Comment


              • #8
                Thanks! I'll have to look for it! I'm gonna see about buying it soon. I borrowed a copy when I saw it first.




                http://mbstudebaker.blogspot.com/
                http://thestudillac.blogspot.com/

                Comment


                • #9
                  I finally watched "World's Fastest Indian" It has a nice little documentary about Burt Munro at Bonneville. Kinda reminds me of some fellers I know!! Hmm,taking an old vehicle and making it incredibally FASSSSTTT!!!! Studebaker sighting at Bonneville in the documentary too!

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    I'll chime in here and say that even my wife liked that movie. It's a tribute to Anthony Hopkins that it's entertaing from several different perspectives - not just that of gearheads.

                    1957 Transtar 1/2ton
                    1963 Cruiser
                    1960 Larkvertible V8
                    1958 Provincial wagon
                    1953 Commander coupe
                    1957 President two door

                    No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Here is the original thread from this forum....
                      http://forum.studebakerdriversclub.c...fastest,indian

                      (one of my favorite movies...bought the DVD)
                      Jeff[8D]


                      quote:Originally posted by Son O Lark

                      I finally watched "World's Fastest Indian" It has a nice little documentary about Burt Munro at Bonneville. Kinda reminds me of some fellers I know!! Hmm,taking an old vehicle and making it incredibally FASSSSTTT!!!! Studebaker sighting at Bonneville in the documentary too!
                      HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

                      Jeff


                      Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain



                      Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Original Thread? Check the dates.
                        quote:Originally posted by DEEPNHOCK

                        Here is the original thread from this forum....
                        http://forum.studebakerdriversclub.c...fastest,indian

                        (one of my favorite movies...bought the DVD)
                        Jeff[8D]


                        quote:Originally posted by Son O Lark

                        I finally watched "World's Fastest Indian" It has a nice little documentary about Burt Munro at Bonneville. Kinda reminds me of some fellers I know!! Hmm,taking an old vehicle and making it incredibally FASSSSTTT!!!! Studebaker sighting at Bonneville in the documentary too!

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Yes. The original thread related to the movie "Worlds Fastest Indian"
                          Jeff[8D]


                          quote:Originally posted by Son O Lark

                          Original Thread? Check the dates.

                          quote:Originally posted by DEEPNHOCK

                          Here is the original thread from this forum....
                          http://forum.studebakerdriversclub.c...fastest,indian

                          (one of my favorite movies...bought the DVD)
                          Jeff[8D]


                          quote:Originally posted by Son O Lark

                          I finally watched "World's Fastest Indian" It has a nice little documentary about Burt Munro at Bonneville. Kinda reminds me of some fellers I know!! Hmm,taking an old vehicle and making it incredibally FASSSSTTT!!!! Studebaker sighting at Bonneville in the documentary too!
                          HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

                          Jeff


                          Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain



                          Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            11-17-2006 is Bob Palma's discussion of it. 01-01-07 is your "original thread". I guess you are right. Thread police win again.

                            Comment

                            Working...
                            X