This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 64 Daytona production?

Can anyone tell me how many 64 Daytona 4 door sedans with the 170/FOM were built in the U.S and how many were built in Canada?
    Thanks
    Todd

63 Lark 2dr Sedan

New to my site are Studebaker Cars, Trucks & Production numbers. Hopefully it will answer your question.

Randy_G
    1959 Lark (project)
    www.automotivehistoryonline.com

Comment

New to my site are Studebaker Cars, Trucks & Production numbers. Hopefully it will answer your question.

Randy_G
      1959 Lark (project)
      www.automotivehistoryonline.com

Comment

Well todd, I don't have the Canada production numbers in front of me, but the USA one is pretty easy...0.
        Daytonas were supposed to be performance oriented, that would be in 2dr. Hardtop form as well as Convertible, Wagonaire and 4dr Sedan. So of course there were no 6's ![xx(] The "Power Thrust" 259 was the base engine.
        Don't ask what the Canadians were thinking! [:0] They did not use the crossed flags V8 emblem on the "C" pillar, they used crossed flags only, so they could install 6's or 8's!
        There would not be any records on how many of any year or model were equipped with a given transmission type. The only time you see that, is when an SDC member spends several weeks in the South Bend archives digging though the build slips for certain very valuable and rare models like Avanti Powered Hawks and Lark types for a Turning Wheels article. []

quote:Originally posted by tstclr

Can anyone tell me how many 64 Daytona 4 door sedans with the 170/FOM were built in the U.S and how many were built in Canada?
        Thanks Todd
        StudeRich
        Studebakers Northwest
        Ferndale, WA
        StudeRich
        Second Generation Stude Driver,
        Proud '54 Starliner Owner
        SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Well todd, I don't have the Canada production numbers in front of me, but the USA one is pretty easy...0.
          Daytonas were supposed to be performance oriented, that would be in 2dr. Hardtop form as well as Convertible, Wagonaire and 4dr Sedan. So of course there were no 6's ![xx(] The "Power Thrust" 259 was the base engine.
          Don't ask what the Canadians were thinking! [:0] They did not use the crossed flags V8 emblem on the "C" pillar, they used crossed flags only, so they could install 6's or 8's!
          There would not be any records on how many of any year or model were equipped with a given transmission type. The only time you see that, is when an SDC member spends several weeks in the South Bend archives digging though the build slips for certain very valuable and rare models like Avanti Powered Hawks and Lark types for a Turning Wheels article. []

Thanks Todd
          StudeRich
          Studebakers Northwest
          Ferndale, WA
          StudeRich
          Second Generation Stude Driver,
          Proud '54 Starliner Owner
          SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Randy's website shows 1036 which must be all Canadian production. I guess that makes them kind of rare although probably not worth much.
            Thanks
            Todd

63 Lark 2dr Sedan

Comment

Randy's website shows 1036 which must be all Canadian production. I guess that makes them kind of rare although probably not worth much.
              Thanks
              Todd

63 Lark 2dr Sedan

Comment

Unless its a convertible!! I can't remember how many of the Hamilton built '64 convertibles were 6's (LS-8), but it was very low.
                I know Art Unger has the production figures and how many are now left.

Craig

63 Lark 2dr Sedan

Comment

Unless its a convertible!! I can't remember how many of the Hamilton built '64 convertibles were 6's (LS-8), but it was very low.
                  I know Art Unger has the production figures and how many are now left.

Craig

63 Lark 2dr Sedan

Comment

Working...
                  X