This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[quote]Originally posted by Dwain G.

The factory paint chart shows Copper Mist was a 'convertible only' color in 1949, and available on all bodies in 1950. The 1949 chart also shows Copper Mist Metallic AND Copper Mist Metallic #2. I don't have a color chip for the first one, nor do I know why it was replaced. #2 is a very light brown, could be called a tan.

I seem to remember reading Copper Mist Metallic was a 'convertible only' color as were most of the metallic colors back then. Here is a pic of one that was at Sacremento in '03.

Craig

Comment

[quote]Originally posted by Dwain G.

The factory paint chart shows Copper Mist was a 'convertible only' color in 1949, and available on all bodies in 1950. The 1949 chart also shows Copper Mist Metallic AND Copper Mist Metallic #2. I don't have a color chip for the first one, nor do I know why it was replaced. #2 is a very light brown, could be called a tan.

I seem to remember reading Copper Mist Metallic was a 'convertible only' color as were most of the metallic colors back then. Here is a pic of one that was at Sacremento in '03.

Craig

Comment

[quote]quote:Originally posted by 8E45E

Originally posted by Dwain G.

Craig,

That is [u] WAY </u> darker than my paint chip for copper mist. I guess this converible must be shade #2 of copper mist, which I don't have a chip for.

Thanks for the info and picture.

Paul

1950 Land Cruiser project
        I finally have a Stude I can drive! (sort of)
        1962 GT Hawk, 4 speed, a/c

Comment

[quote]quote:Originally posted by 8E45E

Originally posted by Dwain G.

Craig,

That is [u] WAY </u> darker than my paint chip for copper mist. I guess this converible must be shade #2 of copper mist, which I don't have a chip for.

Thanks for the info and picture.

Paul

1950 Land Cruiser project
          I finally have a Stude I can drive! (sort of)
          1962 GT Hawk, 4 speed, a/c

Comment

Working...
          X