My 52 Studebaker Photoshopped

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My 52 Studebaker Photoshopped

I have been thinking about lowering the front of my 52, so I Photoshopped it.

Here is what it looks like now.

Here it is lowered and with skirts.

I posted it on the HAMB forum and a guy did this.

What do you think?

Leonard Shepherd
    http://leonardshepherd.com/

The last picture is remarkable.Studebaker should have made one like that. The lowered picture looks better than original in my opinion.

David Baggett '53 coupe

Comment

Personally, I prefer it just the way it is now (once the RF fender's painted)

Robert (Bob) Andrews Owner- Studebakeracres- on the IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys!)
      Parish, central NY 13131

"Some people live for the rules, I live for exceptions"- 311

"Do they all not, by mere virtue of having survived as relics of a bygone era, amass a level of respect perhaps not accorded to them when they were new?"

Comment

The only improvement I would make Leonard, is to install Standard duty front springs, instead of the generic H.D. ones or remove the spacers if so equipped! The front should be pretty close to level.

StudeRich
        Studebakers Northwest
        Ferndale, WA
        StudeRich
        Second Generation Stude Driver,
        Proud '54 Starliner Owner

Comment

StudeFreak,
          Studebaker DID make one like that. The business coupe. Roy Valdez has one for sale right now. He's here on the forum. Its a nice rust free California car. Project, but solid. I think he was only asking $2K for it.

sals54
          sals54

Comment

As much as I like photography I just havent got the hang of photoshop for major alterations.

But I did take a pair of scissors to this 35mm photo once.

Wholla scissorshop

I say level the car out leonard, the business coupe looks sharp, you have some work ahead of you if you do that. [8D]
            ChopStu
            61 Lark

sigpic

Comment

Well Kevin, that's "cool" alright, but you'd have to be watchin' for every piece of gravel on the road![}]

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
              1960 Larkvertible V8
              1958 Provincial wagon
              1953 Commander coupe
              1957 President two door

No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

Since Sals54 brought it up. Did Studebaker build any 52 business coupes? I have never seen one.
                After looking at the pictures I would say that, if you are going to run skirts and flipper caps, lowered all around would look better. I would go for nose down with a more drag race look.

1952 Champion Starlight, 1962 Daytona, both w/overdrive.Searcy,Arkansas
                "I may be lazy, but I'm not shiftless."
                "In the heart of Arkansas."
                Searcy, Arkansas
                1952 Commander 2 door. Really fine 259.
                1952 2R pickup

Comment

Leonard - your last photo is starting to look like my car...

Las Vegas, NV - Stop by, coffee's on!
                  '51 Champion Business Coupe G899965 10G-Q4-1434

Comment

quote:Originally posted by Mr.Biggs

Well Kevin, that's "cool" alright, but you'd have to be watchin' for every piece of gravel on the road![}]
                    Oh the HORRAH(use Boston accent) when you see a speed bump.[:0][}][}]

ChopStu
                    61 Lark

sigpic

Comment

quote:Originally posted by 52-fan

Since Sals54 brought it up. Did Studebaker build any 52 business coupes? I have never seen one.
                      No; the Business Coupe body was not offered in 1952. Some reasoning suggests the production space was needed for the new 2-door hardtop, so the total number of models offered was similar to 1951. BP
                      We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

Ayn Rand:
                      "You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality."

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Bring it down a little I say, level or slightly more so. I don't like em too low, so my opinion here doesn't count.

It would be a whole lot easier to put a 52 front on a 51 business coupe than to do the HAMB proposal. Still - what if you DID a little tweeking of the roofline? I have a hardtop and I admit I think the sedan roofline is just not quite right. It's ungainly.
                        What if it was moved ahead not so far, just lose a bit of package tray room? Then lean it down a bit, change the angle.

Dan
                        52 hardtop
                        www.studebakerhardtop.com

Comment

In other words...from this:

To this....

THATS the way they should have made them.
                          Dan
                          52 hardtop
                          www.studebakerhardtop.com

Comment

Now with Halloween approaching I think a good holiday scare would be that everyone take a side shot photo of their stude and ALTER it.[}] Then place it somewhere your Stude friends will see it as they bring the kids by for Trick or Treat. [:0] Creepy and horrified reactions will surely follow.
                            Just here having fun with Studes Don't be shocked[:0]or mad

Disclaimer: I take no responsibility for falls, upset stomachs, angina, or other ailments OF physical harm that may or could occur to you or anyone from this prank this holiday season
                            61 Lark

sigpic

Comment

Leonard,
                              I say leave it like it is. That nose up stance and rear fenders make it look fast, like the Celebrated Jumping Frog of Calaveras County.

[img=left]http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j259/stude53/studesmall2.jpg[/img=left]Bob Feaganes (stude53)
                              53 Starliner Hardtop
                              Newton Grove, NC

Comment

Working...
                              X