This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Build a phantom Studebaker

I am admittedly still a Studebaker novice in the knowledge department but I was thinking that as Studebaker shared many platform components over the years, one could build some pretty interesting, attractive and feasable "customs/phantoms" that are still all Studebaker. Some of that has been done, such as a 52 HT with a bullet nose and 53-54 convertibles.

Here is one possibility (I apologize for my rudimentary Photoshop skills)... a Studebaker Gnomad...a cross between a 2-door hardtop wagon and sedan delivery... made up of a 54-55 Conestoga with enlarged rear wheel wells to match the front, GT Hawk windows and 56J fins. I suppose a Hawk front end could be added but I couldn't find a pic at the right angle. Of course, crusher-bound donor cars and buckets of cash would be needed, but, hey, we're just pretending.

So, what other all-Studebaker combinations MIGHT be possible to create "new" models? Group hug and discuss.

BShaw,Webmaster

60 Hawk. 49 2R5, 39 Champion
    Woodbury, Minnesota
    sigpic
    Bob Shaw
    Rush City, Minnesota
    1960 Hawk - www.northstarstudebakers.com
    "The farther I go, the behinder I get."

I like it! But talk about a blind spot!
    "Madness...is the exception in individuals, but the rule in groups" - Nietzsche.

Comment

I like it! But talk about a blind spot!
      "Madness...is the exception in individuals, but the rule in groups" - Nietzsche.

Comment

Those rear wheel cutouts look so "right". I like that a lot.

Comment

Those rear wheel cutouts look so "right". I like that a lot.

Comment

Interesting concept. I think you may need to Photoshop out the shelf package as I presume this would be a true wagon. You could also experiment with T-Bird portals on the side.

Guido Salvage - "Where rust is beautiful"

Studebaker horse drawn buggy; 1946 M-16 fire truck; 1948 M-16 grain truck; 1949 2R16A grain truck; 1949 2R17A fire truck; 1950 2R5 pickup; 1952 2R17A grain truck; 1952 Packard 200 4 door; 1955 E-38 grain truck; 1957 3E-40 flatbed; 1961 6E-28 grain truck; 1962 7E-13D 4x4 rack truck; 1962 7E-7 Champ pickup; 1962 GT Hawk 4 speed; 1963 8E-28 flatbed; 1964 Avanti R2 4 speed; 1964 Cruiser and various other "treasures".

Hiding and preserving Studebakers in Richmond, Goochland & Louisa, Va.
            Join me in removing narcissists, trolls, self annoited "experts" and general idiots via the Ignore button.

The official SDC Forum heel nipper ���

�Middle age is when your broad mind and narrow waist begin to change places.� E. Joseph Cossman

For every mile of road, there are 2 miles of ditch. ���

"All lies matter - fight the kleptocracy"

Comment

Interesting concept. I think you may need to Photoshop out the shelf package as I presume this would be a true wagon. You could also experiment with T-Bird portals on the side.

Guido Salvage - "Where rust is beautiful"

Studebaker horse drawn buggy; 1946 M-16 fire truck; 1948 M-16 grain truck; 1949 2R16A grain truck; 1949 2R17A fire truck; 1950 2R5 pickup; 1952 2R17A grain truck; 1952 Packard 200 4 door; 1955 E-38 grain truck; 1957 3E-40 flatbed; 1961 6E-28 grain truck; 1962 7E-13D 4x4 rack truck; 1962 7E-7 Champ pickup; 1962 GT Hawk 4 speed; 1963 8E-28 flatbed; 1964 Avanti R2 4 speed; 1964 Cruiser and various other "treasures".

Hiding and preserving Studebakers in Richmond, Goochland & Louisa, Va.
              Join me in removing narcissists, trolls, self annoited "experts" and general idiots via the Ignore button.

The official SDC Forum heel nipper ���

�Middle age is when your broad mind and narrow waist begin to change places.� E. Joseph Cossman

For every mile of road, there are 2 miles of ditch. ���

"All lies matter - fight the kleptocracy"

Comment

How about a Weasel Hawk?

Leonard Shepherd, editor, The Commanding Leader, Central Virginia Chapter, http://centralvirginiachapter.org/

Comment

How about a Weasel Hawk?

Leonard Shepherd, editor, The Commanding Leader, Central Virginia Chapter, http://centralvirginiachapter.org/

Comment

Sorry, only Studebaker parts allowed. The portholes will have to stay on the T-bird. However, flat glass side windows could be added back there to have a station wagon instead of a delivery-style.

Re: the package tray... that's not just a package tray it's Studebaker's innovative new retractable wagon "cargo area cover"!

BShaw,Webmaster

Woodbury, Minnesota
                    sigpic
                    Bob Shaw
                    Rush City, Minnesota

Comment

Sorry, only Studebaker parts allowed. The portholes will have to stay on the T-bird. However, flat glass side windows could be added back there to have a station wagon instead of a delivery-style.

Re: the package tray... that's not just a package tray it's Studebaker's innovative new retractable wagon "cargo area cover"!

BShaw,Webmaster

Woodbury, Minnesota
                      sigpic
                      Bob Shaw
                      Rush City, Minnesota

Comment

How about a rag top GT, the car Studebaker SHOULD have built.

Comment

How about a rag top GT, the car Studebaker SHOULD have built.

Comment

OK, how about a 58 GH convertible?

Comment

OK, how about a 58 GH convertible?

Comment

Working...
                              X