"god awful lemon and lime paint"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "god awful lemon and lime paint"

He says the Speedser had the "god awful lemon and lime paint", but I'd have hit his Buy It Now if he'd left it. Note, before you jump on me, it's just my opinion of the value of the lemon/lime paint scheme.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/_W0QQ...mZ230298669331

JDP/Maryland
    "I'm a great believer in luck and I find the harder I work, the more I have of it."
    Thomas Jefferson
    JDP Maryland

I wouldn't say that his choice of colors was much of an improvement. Just an opinion.

Gary Sanders
    Nixa, MO
    President Toy Studebaker Collectors Club. Have an interest in Toy Studebakers? Contact me for details.
    Gary Sanders
    Nixa, MO

Comment

I don't know about you guys, but I kinda like the lemon/lime paint job. I saw a couple of them at Lancaster and they were beautiful to look at.
      Rog

'59 Lark VI Regal Hardtop
      Smithtown,NY
      '59 Lark VI Regal Hardtop
      Smithtown,NY
      Recording Secretary, Long Island Studebaker Club

Comment

Every custom is someone's dream car and someone else's nightmare. Everyone has taste; some prefer pinot noir and some drink Diet Dr.Pepper. I personally have come to like the lemon/lime, flamingo/charcoal and a few others out of the '50s. At least he hasn't stripped all the chrome and painted it a pearl body color with flames.

thnx, jack vines

PackardV8
        PackardV8

Comment

I don't mind the lemon/lime paint scheme either, but I also don't mind the black and purple flames either. Since it was "just a shell," when he began, the whole car could have in a much worse direction. I don't know about its true value. The BIN may be high, I don't know. But again I kind of like what I see.

Joe Roberts
          '61 R1 Champ
          '65 Cruiser
          Editor of "The Down Easterner"
          Eastern North Carolina Chapter
          Joe Roberts
          '61 R1 Champ
          '65 Cruiser
          Eastern North Carolina Chapter

Comment

Headliner looks terrible.

Comment

I'd drive it!

[img=left]http://members.cox.net/clarknovak/lark.gif[/img=left]

Clark in San Diego
              '63 F2/Lark Standard
              http://studeblogger.blogspot.com
              www.studebakersandiego.com

Clark in San Diego | '63 Standard (F2) "Barney" | http://studeblogger.blogspot.com

Comment

I guess as a marriage test, my wife and I once put in a headliner. Even though we spent a lot of time inside cars together before we were married and even thought I still don't mind being with her, working with her in a car is not what I dream of. After two days it looked great except for one little wrinkle we could never fix. After a couple years it bothered me enough that when I heard of a local upholstery guy that could fix it I went to him. He crawled into the back seat mumbling about how one bad move with the heat gun would ruin it but ignored the lit cigarette he waved around behind him. I was so sure he was going to burn a hole in the headliner with his cigarette that I never noticed he had fixed it. He gets about $150 to install a headliner and has done a couple for me since. What a bargain.
                http://www.rustyrestorations.org/index.php
                sigpic

Comment

Didnt see anything I didnt like.
                  Wouldnt kick it out of the garage for leaking oil
                  Mono mind in a stereo world

Comment

Maybe I missed something but via the link in JDPs post,the car has a current BIN of $10,500...

Comment

I've always loved both those paint schemes on a Speedster. For a while I wanted one but lost interest in it because I REALLY dislike the correct seat pattern[xx(], and to me they're important enough to want to do them accurately... so I stick with my silly ol' Larks[)]

Robert (Bob) Andrews Owner- Studebakeracres- on the IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys!)
                      Parish, central NY 13131

"Some people live for the rules, I live for exceptions"- 311

"Do they all not, by mere virtue of having survived as relics of a bygone era, amass a level of respect perhaps not accorded to them when they were new?"

Comment

Since it's been opened it up with the topic and the seller left it open even more so with that description, I have to side with Gary; not much better. Not into picking it apart, though, it looks like a great car. I enjoy looking at that original combo at shows and to each his own for a custom scheme like this one. But...I'm sure there are plenty of things on my car that someone would do differently, too. I did think that headliner had more wrinkles than my mother-in-law, though. [)]

Comment

Personally I love the color scheme and think it is a huge improvement over lemon/lime. Only possible critique would be the shape of the flames - I might have done it a little differently, but it's a good effort and looks good. Losing the backup lights was a good call too in my book, even though you'll miss them in a dark parking lot.

The only factory combo I really liked on a Speedster was the black/white - IMHO both the lemon/lime and neapolitan are just too much.

nate

--
                          55 Commander Starlight
                          http://members.cox.net/njnagel
                          --
                          55 Commander Starlight
                          http://members.cox.net/njnagel

Comment

I give up. I can't find any lemon lime in those pics. It all looks purple and black to me. What's wrong here?

'50 Champion, 1 family owner

Comment

Bob, it was Lemon/Lime and the owner thought that was "God awful", but I like Lemon lime.

JDP/Maryland
                              "I'm a great believer in luck and I find the harder I work, the more I have of it."
                              Thomas Jefferson
                              JDP Maryland

Comment

Working...
                              X