Spell Check & Corrections

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spell Check & Corrections

A-Is there a spell check in the forum? If so where is it? B-How are corrections made to prior inputs?

Richard

Click on the icon above your post with the little pencil and you will be able to edit your posts. I don't believe the Forum has spell check.

Frank van Doorn
    1962 GT Hawk 4 speed
    1963 Daytona Conv
    1941 Champion R-2 Rod
    Frank van Doorn
    Omaha, Ne.
    1962 GT Hawk 289 4 speed
    1941 Champion streetrod, R-2 Powered, GM 200-4R trans.
    1952 V-8 232 Commander State "Starliner" hardtop OD

Comment

As Frank says, use the pencil icon to edit your post. [u]However</u>, it is helpful if you make a note afterwards as to the nature of your edit (i.e. - "edited for spelling").

If you are using Internet Explorer, you should have a spell check feature in your browser. If it looks like mine, there is an icon at the top of the page that says "ABC Check".

Guido Salvage - "Where rust is beautiful" and real Studebaker horsepower lives

See pictures here: http://community.webshots.com/user/GuidoSalvage

Hiding and preserving Studebakers in Richmond, Goochland & Louisa, Va.
      Join me in removing narcissists, trolls, self annoited "experts" and general idiots via the Ignore button.

The official SDC Forum heel nipper ���

�Middle age is when your broad mind and narrow waist begin to change places.� E. Joseph Cossman

For every mile of road, there are 2 miles of ditch. ���

"All lies matter - fight the kleptocracy"

Comment

quote:Originally posted by glen

grammer
        [:I]

Robert (Bob) Andrews Owner- Studebakeracres- on the IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys!)
        Parish, central NY 13131

"Some people live for the rules, I live for exceptions"- 311

"Do they all not, by mere virtue of having survived as relics of a bygone era, amass a level of respect perhaps not accorded to them when they were new?"

Comment

Firefox browsers automatically underline misspelled words in red, a la MS Word. (Just something I've found helpful )

[img=left]http://members.cox.net/clarknovak/lark.gif[/img=left]

Clark in San Diego
          '63 F2/Lark Standard
          http://studeblogger.blogspot.com
          www.studebakersandiego.com

Clark in San Diego | '63 Standard (F2) "Barney" | http://studeblogger.blogspot.com

Comment

quote:Originally posted by bams50

quote:Originally posted by glen

grammer
            [:I]
            And don't forget "alot".

Guido Salvage - "Where rust is beautiful" and real Studebaker horsepower lives

See pictures here: http://community.webshots.com/user/GuidoSalvage

Hiding and preserving Studebakers in Richmond, Goochland & Louisa, Va.
            Join me in removing narcissists, trolls, self annoited "experts" and general idiots via the Ignore button.

The official SDC Forum heel nipper ���

�Middle age is when your broad mind and narrow waist begin to change places.� E. Joseph Cossman

For every mile of road, there are 2 miles of ditch. ���

"All lies matter - fight the kleptocracy"

Comment

quote: Firefox browsers automatically underline misspelled words in red
              I recently switched to Firefox and now have spell check on the Forum. In fact, it just told me "spell check" is two words, not one.

I've seen no spell check that recognizes Stude or Studebaker.[V] You've got to add it to its dictionary.

Brad Johnson
              Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
              '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight, '53 Commander Starlight
              "All attempts to 'rise above the issue' are simply an excuse to avoid it profitably." --Dick Gregory

Brad Johnson, SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
              Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
              sigpic'33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight, '53 Commander Starlight "Désirée"

Comment

quote:Originally posted by rockne10

I've seen no spell check that recognizes Stude or Studebaker.[V] You've got to add it to its dictionary.
                Why?? Who doesn't know how to spell Studabacker??

Robert (Bob) Andrews Owner- Studebakeracres- on the IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys!)
                Parish, central NY 13131

"Some people live for the rules, I live for exceptions"- 311

"Do they all not, by mere virtue of having survived as relics of a bygone era, amass a level of respect perhaps not accorded to them when they were new?"

Comment

quote:Originally posted by Retired

A-Is there a spell check in the forum? If so where is it? B-How are corrections made to prior inputs?

Richard
                  I've found the best spell check on the forum is the readers. But seriously if you care ( i do not as many have noticed) and you don't have spell check. Pre-type your message in a word document. Then do the spell check before you copy and paste your message into the forum.

Me i step in mud puddles, walk in the rain, and step on the cracks in sidewalks. Freedom of the geezer set, no worries about it all.

Comment

OK Lets Hit It: Thanks to all that responded. The red arrow (?) on the sheet of paper icon will let me correct the spelling/grammer but, unless I'm doing some thing wrong it just post the entire corected entry. Then two of the same postings appear, one w/error(s) one w/o. bridgegaurd, I can't miss using: words/spell check/cut and paste.

The FORMAT line for this posting don't have a Red check or arrow on a sheet of paper icon.

Thanks again.
                    Richard

Richard

Comment

Working...
                    X