Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I believe that I know this car. The blue doesn't look right, but that could be the pictures or my monitor. If it is the car that I believe it to be, it is an old professional restoration and a very nice car. Two friends of mine owned the car for probably 20-25 years. The second one sold the car to someone in, I believe, New Jersey. I lost track of the car then. I don't imagine that there can be very many other '52 convertibles that are blue, red interior, V8, OD and in this condition.

Gary L.
    Wappinger, NY

1959 DeLuxe pickup (restomod)
    Gary L.
    Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
    Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

I believe that I know this car. The blue doesn't look right, but that could be the pictures or my monitor. If it is the car that I believe it to be, it is an old professional restoration and a very nice car. Two friends of mine owned the car for probably 20-25 years. The second one sold the car to someone in, I believe, New Jersey. I lost track of the car then. I don't imagine that there can be very many other '52 convertibles that are blue, red interior, V8, OD and in this condition.

Gary L.
      Wappinger, NY

Gary L.
      Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968

Comment

The late Bob Yale used to own a blue 52 Commander convertible with a red interior. Below is a photo of it at a Studebaker meet in 1983. It is hard to tell the color because the photo has faded over time, but I don't think it was the exact color as the car on eBay.

Leonard Shepherd, editor, The Commanding Leader, Central Virginia Chapter, http://centralvirginiachapter.org/

Comment

The late Bob Yale used to own a blue 52 Commander convertible with a red interior. Below is a photo of it at a Studebaker meet in 1983. It is hard to tell the color because the photo has faded over time, but I don't think it was the exact color as the car on eBay.

Leonard Shepherd, editor, The Commanding Leader, Central Virginia Chapter, http://centralvirginiachapter.org/

Comment

Leonard - That is the car that I was referring to. Bob Yale had it redone and then sold it to Frank Goss, who kept it quite awhile.

Gary L.
            Wappinger, NY

Gary L.
            Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968

Comment

Leonard - That is the car that I was referring to. Bob Yale had it redone and then sold it to Frank Goss, who kept it quite awhile.

Gary L.
              Wappinger, NY

Gary L.
              Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968

Comment

quote: Leonard - That is the car that I was referring to. Bob Yale had it redone and then sold it to Frank Goss, who kept it quite awhile.

Gary L.
                Wappinger, NY
                It was a beautiful car, but it had a spotlight that the one on eBay doesn't have. Of course someone could have taken it off. Also the one on eBay claims to have been in California for 50 years.

Comment

quote: Leonard - That is the car that I was referring to. Bob Yale had it redone and then sold it to Frank Goss, who kept it quite awhile.

Gary L.
                  Wappinger, NY
                  It was a beautiful car, but it had a spotlight that the one on eBay doesn't have. Of course someone could have taken it off. Also the one on eBay claims to have been in California for 50 years.

Comment

IIRC, Bob Yale's car was from AZ - close enough (to CA). I do not remember a spot light when Frank owned the car. This could be a different car because most '52 Commander convertibles that are re-done are made to look like Indy Pace Cars.

Gary L.
                    Wappinger, NY

Gary L.
                    Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968

Comment

IIRC, Bob Yale's car was from AZ - close enough (to CA). I do not remember a spot light when Frank owned the car. This could be a different car because most '52 Commander convertibles that are re-done are made to look like Indy Pace Cars.

Gary L.
                      Wappinger, NY

Gary L.
                      Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968

Comment

Working...
                      X