Hot Rod Deluxe magazine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hot Rod Deluxe magazine

In this magazine in the November 2008 edition there are several references to Studebaker and one including Dick Steinkamp...

BRAD

Thanks, Brad. You can't (yet) subscribe to HRD, so I appreciate the heads up that the latest issue hit the news stands. Here's the Ute's mention. It is part of Jerry Pitt's (the editor's) little blurb...

I was just getting kind of down with this project. It has REALLY sucked up the money and time. I'm feeling pressured to get it finished in time for the GNRS, plus I have spent WAY too much money on this car.

This little article in HRD came along at just the right time. Gets me motivated again.

BTW, frame is detailed. Assembly begins on Monday...

Dick Steinkamp
    Bellingham, WA

Dick Steinkamp
    Bellingham, WA

Comment

quote:Originally posted by Dick Steinkamp
      I was just getting kind of down with this project. It has REALLY sucked up the money and time. I'm feeling pressured to get it finished in time for the GNRS, [u]plus I have spent WAY too much money on this car.</u>
      Is this something Deb should know.... [?] [}][}][8]

Guido Salvage - "Where rust is beautiful" and real Studebaker horsepower lives

See pictures here: http://community.webshots.com/user/GuidoSalvage

Hiding and preserving Studebakers in Richmond, Goochland & Louisa, Va.
      Join me in removing narcissists, trolls, self annoited "experts" and general idiots via the Ignore button.

The official SDC Forum heel nipper ���

�Middle age is when your broad mind and narrow waist begin to change places.� E. Joseph Cossman

For every mile of road, there are 2 miles of ditch. ���

"All lies matter - fight the kleptocracy"

Comment

COOL (well, at least chiffon lime green) BEANS! BP
        We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

Ayn Rand:
        "You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality."

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

quote:Originally posted by Guido
          Is this something Deb should know.... [?] [}][}][8]
          She should...and she does.

Fortunately (or unfortunately) after 40 years of marriage, she trusts my judgment. (she's actually quite smart on all other matters )

Dick Steinkamp
          Bellingham, WA

Dick Steinkamp
          Bellingham, WA

Comment

Fabulous job Dick. Keep your eyes on the end result and keep going.
            Sure looks PISTINE detail work that you are so well known for.

studedick from the lower Ozarks

Comment

That is SWEET! Don't give up now Dick!

Comment

Hang in there Dick, It's way to nice a project to not complete. However, it's not my time nor money, but it sure looks great and saves a very unique vehicle. Keep the old dobber up. You don't hear that much anymore. Bob

Comment

quote:Originally posted by sweetolbob

Hang in there Dick,
                  Thanks...I will and it will get done on time. I just don't want it to turn into WORK in the process instead of FUN. The paragraph mention by Jerry Pitt helped a lot...as does the encouragement I get from the group here. Thanks [^]

Dick Steinkamp
                  Bellingham, WA

Dick Steinkamp
                  Bellingham, WA

Comment

Dick,
                    I noticed the thread on your axles. I have a pair of tapered 44TT axles out of my '66. I was fortunate enough to get one of the sets of flanged axle upgrades from Mr. Cade. You are welcome to the pair if you like. This is a beautiful project I'd like to see get whatever small boost I might be able to contribute.

Jim

_________1966 Avanti II RQA 0088______________Rabid Snail Racing
                    Jim
                    Often in error, never in doubt
                    http://rabidsnailracing.blogspot.com/

____1966 Avanti II RQA 0088_______________1963 Avanti R2 63R3152____________http://rabidsnailracing.blogspot.com/

Comment

quote:Originally posted by jlmccuan

Dick,
                      I noticed the thread on your axles. I have a pair of tapered 44TT axles out of my '66. I was fortunate enough to get one of the sets of flanged axle upgrades from Mr. Cade. You are welcome to the pair if you like. This is a beautiful project I'd like to see get whatever small boost I might be able to contribute.
                      Thanks, Jim. I'll keep it in mind if I can't find one out this way. Thank you for thinking of me.

Dick Steinkamp
                      Bellingham, WA

Dick Steinkamp
                      Bellingham, WA

Comment

Anyone see the Studebaker in the magazine drag-race picture on this thread[?]

KURTRUK
                        (read it backwards)

KURTRUK
                        (read it backwards)

Nothing is politically right which is morally wrong. -A. Lincoln

Comment

Maybe if the magazine is popular, they will add 50 or more pages and go monthly by subscription.

BRAD

Comment

quote:Originally posted by kurtruk

Anyone see the Studebaker in the magazine drag-race picture on this thread[?]

Hawk on the far left side.

This is by far the best issue of HRD so far. I couldn't put it down.

One of the articles is about the Dave Crane collection. Underneath a picture of a hopped up Champion motor is this caption...

"Dave campaigned a vintage sprint car in the '70's that ran a Studebaker Champion flathead six on alcohol. "They called them South Bend Ferraris: on alcohol, they sound like a Ferrari."

Pretty cool! []

Dick Steinkamp
                            Bellingham, WA

Dick Steinkamp
                            Bellingham, WA

Comment

I have shared this issue with friends and they wanted to know where I got it....WALMART.
                              HotRod must be magazine testing the market.
                              I don't like the high price at all, but super mag.
                              BRAD

Comment

Working...
                              X