Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ebay selling Stude now..or later?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Ebay selling Stude now..or later?

    I need the room in my garage for the latest project, but am hesitant to sell the Daytona hardtop now, with money tighter than usual. I'd set a reserve, of course, but with the uncertainty of our economy I'm thinking of waiting for this banking/Wall St. mess to blow over.
    WWYD? Thanks!

    Western Washington, USA

  • #2
    You really have nothing to loose by listing it now. If it doesn't meet reserve and sell, you pay nothing.

    You may be waiting a looooong time for the banking mess to blow over . I'm not sure it has an impact on our end of the car hobby anyhow. It might take the $100k and up cars down a notch or two, but might even ATTRACT buyers to our segment as folks look for actual THINGS to invest in rather than stocks and bonds. I saw the short T-Bill was paying .14% interest [:0]. Some may feel a Daytona hardtop will appreciate better than that.





    Dick Steinkamp
    Bellingham, WA



    Dick Steinkamp
    Bellingham, WA

    Comment


    • #3
      I'm sure Tom means until the "bailout" bill is passed. That should happen this week. Otherwise Dick is correct- probably won't make much difference with these cheaper car.

      I'd say wait a week.

      Robert (Bob) Andrews Owner- Studebakeracres- on the IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys!)
      Parish, central NY 13131

      "Some people live for the rules, I live for exceptions"- 311

      "Do they all not, by mere virtue of having survived as relics of a bygone era, amass a level of respect perhaps not accorded to them when they were new?"



      Comment

      Working...
      X