Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

1950 starlight coupe metal work update!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1950 starlight coupe metal work update!!!

i have some new photos up on my blog of the metal work on the starlight coupe. let me know what you think?? http://calkinscustoms.blogspot.com/

work looks good. i am doing a 51 starlight and am a little ahead of you. i am almost at the point of putting the car back onto the completed chassis, hope to have the project completed by the spring,
    good luck

Comment

its off to get blasted and then body work starts.

Comment

I can see you're trying to break into the Stude resto market, and I applaud that. You need to be known, and the way to do that is how you're doing it- restore a Stude, documenting the process and your work as you go. Become involved with the Stude world, showing off your work and getting to know folks in the Club. A good place to start is to join the SDC.

It will take a long while to build a reputation and generate business. Be patient, have a thick skin, and stick with it; if your work is high quality, you'll eventually get plenty of work.

Best of luck to you!

Robert (Bob) Andrews Owner- Studebakeracres- on the IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys!)
        Parish, central NY 13131

"Some people live for the rules, I live for exceptions"- 311

"Do they all not, by mere virtue of having survived as relics of a bygone era, amass a level of respect perhaps not accorded to them when they were new?"

Comment

I see you are in Placerville, California. I guess you know that was where "Wheelbarrow Johnny" Studebaker made his wheelbarrows, and made enough money to go back to South Bend and help start the Studebaker wagon business.

Leonard Shepherd
          http://leonardshepherd.com/

Comment

I restored a 62 GT hawk a few years ago and i really liked the way it was built. and then Roy Valdez contacted me about doing his cars,he was the one that brought up the idea of doing more Studebaker. soon i will be starting on my own 61 lark. i really like this forum and am learning a lot more about Studebaker. and heck i am from Studebaker birthplace

Comment

Logan, you need to call Sal. He has lots of parts for you. Also, he needs your services. Call him. I have his number.

Comment

Logan, You should attend the swap meet. I plan to take a 1951 Commander Starlight 2 door to the meet. Its for sale. Also , I will bring a 1950 sedan Champion 2door. It is for sell as well. These cars will be price to sell. These cars will need to be restored. Any questions, please feel free to contact me. Logan, I can get you a 1950 2 door sedan.

Comment

Working...
                X