This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

quote:Originally posted by Mr.Biggs

Grammar, spelling, keyboard skills all lacking here. It SEEMS to me that I've had a less than tasteful experience with this seller in the not-to-distant past. I can't say for sure.

That one item they have listed: Studebaker ball bearing

The part number they show - 1548351 - isn't to be found in the index of any of my parts books. However... it IS in the parts pricing book and is listed as an "Element Kit". Anybody got an idea as to what sort of thing this really is??? It was pricey in it's day at a suggested price list of $44 bucks! Seem's quite alot for a couple of bearings as this seller has characterized it![}]

Miscreant adrift in
    the BerStuda Triangle!!

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
    1960 Larkvertible V8
    1958 Provincial wagon
    1953 Commander coupe

Element kit? Would that be the 5 drive balls for a McCullogh or Paxton supercharger. I think some of the factory literature referred to these balls as "drive elements."

Gord Richmond, within Weasel range of the Alberta Badlands

Comment

quote:Originally posted by Mr.Biggs

Grammar, spelling, keyboard skills all lacking here. It SEEMS to me that I've had a less than tasteful experience with this seller in the not-to-distant past. I can't say for sure.

That one item they have listed: Studebaker ball bearing

The part number they show - 1548351 - isn't to be found in the index of any of my parts books. However... it IS in the parts pricing book and is listed as an "Element Kit". Anybody got an idea as to what sort of thing this really is??? It was pricey in it's day at a suggested price list of $44 bucks! Seem's quite alot for a couple of bearings as this seller has characterized it![}]

Miscreant adrift in
      the BerStuda Triangle!!

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
      1960 Larkvertible V8
      1958 Provincial wagon
      1953 Commander coupe

Element kit? Would that be the 5 drive balls for a McCullogh or Paxton supercharger. I think some of the factory literature referred to these balls as "drive elements."

Comment

I was intrigued with this little item. So a question to the seller on documentation was in order. Their response was simple; "Yes it is." Ok. Um... so... can we see it[?]

Lotsa Larks!
        K.I.S.S. Keep It Simple Studebaker!
        Ron Smith
        Home of the famous Mr. Ed!
        Ron Smith
        Where the heck is Fawn Lodge, CA?

Comment

I was intrigued with this little item. So a question to the seller on documentation was in order. Their response was simple; "Yes it is." Ok. Um... so... can we see it[?]

Lotsa Larks!
          Ron Smith
          Home of the famous Mr. Ed!
          Ron Smith
          Where the heck is Fawn Lodge, CA?

Comment

This was actually a Studebaker item and sold. The vendor changed his photos so you could see the studebaker logo on the letter.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...ayphotohosting

Leonard Shepherd, editor, The Commanding Leader, Central Virginia Chapter, http://centralvirginiachapter.org/

Comment

This was actually a Studebaker item and sold. The vendor changed his photos so you could see the studebaker logo on the letter.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...ayphotohosting

Leonard Shepherd, editor, The Commanding Leader, Central Virginia Chapter, http://centralvirginiachapter.org/

Comment

I should buy it and throw a little party to celebrate my newly purchased 64! []

Todd

63 Lark 2dr Sedan
                64 Daytona 4dr Sedan

Comment

I should buy it and throw a little party to celebrate my newly purchased 64! []

Todd

63 Lark 2dr Sedan
                  64 Daytona 4dr Sedan

Comment

Working...
                  X