Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Guido/Gary - I DID read the entire certificate. I KNOW that additional funds are not due. I was NOT presenting a "correction." I was simply pointing out what I perceive to be a poor choice of wording in the main part of the certificate. BTW, I think that the gift certificate and the new member discount are both excellent programs.

Gary L.
    Wappinger, NY

1959 DeLuxe pickup (restomod)
    Gary L.
    Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
    Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Guido/Gary - I DID read the entire certificate. I KNOW that additional funds are not due. I was NOT presenting a "correction." I was simply pointing out what I perceive to be a poor choice of wording in the main part of the certificate. BTW, I think that the gift certificate and the new member discount are both excellent programs.

Gary L.
      Wappinger, NY

1959 DeLuxe pickup (restomod)
      Gary L.
      Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
      Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

quote:Originally posted by studegary
        I wonder why the certificate states; "...you have been invited to join..." It seems that you would be a member once your dues have been paid by someone. The invitation part sounds like you would have to pay something (additional) to become a member (which is not the case).
        It does look a little strange. But, I'm guessing that the team who drew up this certificate considered it carefully. Perhaps they didn't want wording such as, "You have been made a member...", because it would be rude to forcibly join someone into an organization without their prior knowledge and approval (even if it's a good group like us [8D]). Instead, the certificate comes across as a polite invitation, informing the recipient that someone has already paid their way, should they wish to join in with the rest of us nuts!

[img=left]http://rocketdillo.com/studebaker/misc/images/Current_Avacar.gif[/img=left] - DilloCrafter

1955 1/2 Ton Pickup
        The Red-Headed Amazon
        Deep in the heart of Texas

Paul Simpson
        "DilloCrafter"

1955 1/2 Ton Pickup
        The Red-Headed Amazon

Comment

quote:Originally posted by studegary
          I wonder why the certificate states; "...you have been invited to join..." It seems that you would be a member once your dues have been paid by someone. The invitation part sounds like you would have to pay something (additional) to become a member (which is not the case).
          It does look a little strange. But, I'm guessing that the team who drew up this certificate considered it carefully. Perhaps they didn't want wording such as, "You have been made a member...", because it would be rude to forcibly join someone into an organization without their prior knowledge and approval (even if it's a good group like us [8D]). Instead, the certificate comes across as a polite invitation, informing the recipient that someone has already paid their way, should they wish to join in with the rest of us nuts!

[img=left]http://rocketdillo.com/studebaker/misc/images/Current_Avacar.gif[/img=left] - DilloCrafter

1955 1/2 Ton Pickup
          The Red-Headed Amazon

Paul Simpson
          "DilloCrafter"

1955 1/2 Ton Pickup
          The Red-Headed Amazon

Comment

If it will put this critique to rest I will change the wording when I get time.

BShaw,Webmaster

60 Hawk. 49 2R5, 39 Champion
            Woodbury, Minnesota
            sigpic
            Bob Shaw
            Rush City, Minnesota
            1960 Hawk - www.northstarstudebakers.com
            "The farther I go, the behinder I get."

Comment

If it will put this critique to rest I will change the wording when I get time.

BShaw,Webmaster

60 Hawk. 49 2R5, 39 Champion
              Woodbury, Minnesota
              sigpic
              Bob Shaw
              Rush City, Minnesota
              1960 Hawk - www.northstarstudebakers.com
              "The farther I go, the behinder I get."

Comment

Bob, I don't think it needs to be changed. I was defending the existing wording... it makes sense once the reader thinks about it.

1955 1/2 Ton Pickup
                The Red-Headed Amazon

Paul Simpson
                "DilloCrafter"

1955 1/2 Ton Pickup
                The Red-Headed Amazon

Comment

Bob, I don't think it needs to be changed. I was defending the existing wording... it makes sense once the reader thinks about it.

1955 1/2 Ton Pickup
                  The Red-Headed Amazon

Paul Simpson
                  "DilloCrafter"

1955 1/2 Ton Pickup
                  The Red-Headed Amazon

Comment

Well the eBay bidder who used the Buy It Now for my sons firebird has not returned any emails or phone calls.......I called the owner of the 65 Daytona, and there is another intrested party. I relisted the bird today and I hope that when it sells(if it sells this time) the little Daytona will still be around. But just incase it isnt, anyone got a 2 door lark, needing some mechanical work and very little body work for cheap....I was getting the Daytona for $1500

hmmm, my girlfriend has 2 GT Hawks....and I feel left out, wheres my "R" model Daytona????

Comment

Well the eBay bidder who used the Buy It Now for my sons firebird has not returned any emails or phone calls.......I called the owner of the 65 Daytona, and there is another intrested party. I relisted the bird today and I hope that when it sells(if it sells this time) the little Daytona will still be around. But just incase it isnt, anyone got a 2 door lark, needing some mechanical work and very little body work for cheap....I was getting the Daytona for $1500

hmmm, my girlfriend has 2 GT Hawks....and I feel left out, wheres my "R" model Daytona????

Comment

I feel your pain, loc8tor! The people who don't follow through on their deals are a real nuisance, now aren't they? [V]

Comment

I feel your pain, loc8tor! The people who don't follow through on their deals are a real nuisance, now aren't they? [V]

Comment

Working...
                          X