Award at Lancaster

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Award at Lancaster

Congratulations to John (JDP) for a first place 399 point award on his GT Hawk!

John, what was the one point deduction for? Would you share a few photos of you car? I was judging cars and didn't get much time to look at other cars. Please include a photo of your hood latch, as this should answer the question of authenticity.

Perry
    '23 Special Six,
    '50 Business Champ,
    '50 Starlight Champ,
    '60 Lark droptop,
    '63 GT R1
    Perry
    \'50 Business Champ,
    \'50 Starlight Champ,
    \'60 Lark Convertible,
    \'63 GT R1,
    \'67 Triumph TR4A

Gary Ashe got a first place for his truck, but I don't know the number of points.

I think Guido got an award for one of his wagons, but unfortunately I can't be any more specific than that.

I'll brag a little and say that I received a 2nd place award for editing my chapter's news letter The Down Easterner. I feel awfully proud since there are so many good newsletter out there.

I'm sure there are other forum members that received awards but sadly I cannot say more than that.

Joe Roberts
    '61 R1 Champ
    '65 Cruiser
    Editor of "The Down Easterner"
    Eastern North Carolina Chapter
    Joe Roberts
    '61 R1 Champ
    '65 Cruiser
    Eastern North Carolina Chapter

Comment

Congratulations to you, Joe. You have always gone the extra mile in your newsletters.

Jamie McLeod

starliner62
      Hope Mills, NC
      Jamie McLeod
      Hope Mills, NC

1963 Lark "Ugly Betty"
      1958 Commander "Christine"
      1964 Wagonaire "Louise"
      1955 Commander Sedan
      1964 Champ
      1960 Lark

Comment

Will there be a complete listing of the judging results available somewhere before the TW issue, or will we have to wait till then?

Robert (Bob) Andrews Owner- Studebakeracres- on the IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys!)
        Parish, central NY 13131

"Some people live for the rules, I live for exceptions"- 311

"Do they all not, by mere virtue of having survived as relics of a bygone era, amass a level of respect perhaps not accorded to them when they were new?"

Comment

I was pleased to win a tie for third place in the size 12 watch competition.

studedick from the lower Ozarks

Comment

Wow, congrats JP! As was Bams50, I was looking for a list of awards, as well. Will it be posted? The Packard Hawk owner next to me was fretting all day after his was judged and I don't know why; his and JDP's were the standard of perfection.

Comment

quote:Originally posted by Dick Clemens

I was pleased to win a tie for third place in the size 12 watch competition.

studedick from the lower Ozarks
              Great to meet you, Dick. Congrats on your win, as well. Hope you made it back to the "Lower Ozarks" and thanks for explaining the what they (the lower ozarks) are...and aren't!

Comment

quote:Originally posted by fpstude

Congratulations to John (JDP) for a first place 399 point award on his GT Hawk!
                Congrats JP! We need to see some pictures of that car. Anybody got some to post?

Dick Steinkamp
                Bellingham, WA

Dick Steinkamp
                Bellingham, WA

Comment

Here's a few...

quote:Originally posted by Dick Steinkamp
                  Congrats JP! We need to see some pictures of that car. Anybody got some to post?
                  HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Comment

Just beautiful!

The front looks sooooo good without bumper guards.

Dick Steinkamp
                    Bellingham, WA

Dick Steinkamp
                    Bellingham, WA

Comment

Thanks for posting those, Jeff. I didn't get down there before my memory cards filled. I'm not a bumper guard fan either. Really something, John!

Comment

Was th point deduction for the radiator hose clamps?
                        Bez Auto Alchemy
                        573-318-8948
                        http://bezautoalchemy.com

"Don't believe every internet quote" Abe Lincoln

Comment

John said it was for a paint chip. It's in his thread about the car titled "Sid did well".

Robert (Bob) Andrews Owner- Studebakeracres- on the IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys!)
                          Parish, central NY 13131

"Some people live for the rules, I live for exceptions"- 311

"Do they all not, by mere virtue of having survived as relics of a bygone era, amass a level of respect perhaps not accorded to them when they were new?"

Comment

quote:Originally posted by bezhawk

Was the point deduction for the radiator hose clamps?
                            Bezhawk: Good eye, but the deduction for gear-drive hose clamps was eliminated a couple years ago. The reasoning was that current-production radiator hoses are thinner-walled than were OEM hoses 45 years ago. When an OEM spring-type hose clamp is used on a modern hose, the hose may not have enough meat to be sealed by the spring-type clamp, allowing leak(s) because the restorer is trying to be authentic. BP
                            We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

Ayn Rand:
                            "You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality."

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

George Rohrbach also got a 399 in the modified class, which is quite an accomplishment when you consider that his car is close to 30 years older than the typical entry. Unfortunately I didn't really get to spend much time looking at the modifieds as they were all the way on the other end of the show area. He seemed very pleased with his showing and was very posessive of the plaque :P

nate

--
                              55 Commander Starlight
                              http://members.cox.net/njnagel
                              --
                              55 Commander Starlight
                              http://members.cox.net/njnagel

Comment

Working...
                              X