Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Remember Jerry McLeod Inc., dealer, Royal Oak, MI?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Remember Jerry McLeod Inc., dealer, Royal Oak, MI?

A new friend in the Ohio Region SDC has a very, very nice '64 Hawk, serial no. 64V-20170, built on 12/20/63, the last day the Lark-type/Hawk line ran in South Bend (last serial no. was 64V-20202). He asked if I could get him the Retail Sales Cards for his car from the SNM and he'd pay me my cost. I got them in the mail today. His car was purchased from G.H. McLeod, salesman, at Jerry McLeod, Inc., Royal Oak, MI. The car was delivered 12/30/63 (no doubt an ordered unit) and was delivered to Louis P. Zaher, 25883 Miracle, Madison Hts., MI, who was an insurance salesman per the card and who traded in a '58 Studebaker. My friend was pleased that Mr. Zaher's name matched the name on the "..specially built for..." plaque on the dash of his GT!

This is a neat service available through the SNM, in my opinion.

I googled Mr. Zaher and couldn't find anything. I know that time isn't on our side!

Anybody remember the dealership?

BTW, have a great time in Lancaster! My sister and brother-in-law, whom I got interested in Studebakers after a long dormancy, are heading out there from Greenville, PA but I can't. I'm disappointed!

Bill Pressler
    Kent, OH
    '63 Lark Daytona Skytop R1
    Bill Pressler
    Kent, OH
    (formerly Greenville, PA)
    Currently owned: 1966 Cruiser, Timberline Turquoise, 26K miles
    Formerly owned: 1963 Lark Daytona Skytop R1, Ermine White
    1964 Daytona Hardtop, Strato Blue
    1966 Daytona Sports Sedan, Niagara Blue Mist
    All are in Australia now

Several years ago there was an article in either Turning Wheels or AOAI magazine that mentioned this dealership. Maybe with a photo of the building now. Sorry I can`t be more specific. I lived in Royal Oak in `64-`65, and remember the dealership.

Comment

Working...
    X