WEIRD COINCIDENCE MY CAR'S BIRTHDAY

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WEIRD COINCIDENCE MY CAR'S BIRTHDAY

Now this is weird! A few weeks ago someone mentioned that it was possible to get a copy of the original PRODUCTION ORDER for all the old Studebakers. This sounded interesting so I called and found this to be true and I ordered one for my 1950 Studebaker Champion. I thought it was nice and somewhat unusual, to be able to get a copy of the original order from that long ago that actually told the builders exactly what the car was to be like as it went down the line.

Well, it arrived in the mail yesterday, 9/12/08 and as I read the information on the Order about its original color (Black),destination (Vincennes, Ind.)about an hour away from home, type of cloth on the seats (7486 EG), kind of transmission (Overdrive), and that it was to come with a Climatizer (Heater and Defroster), I was thinking this is really neat but, it was more than that when I got to the Final Assembly Date section. It was finished on 9/12/49. So, yesterday when I recieved my car's "birth certificate" was its birthday and it was exactly 59 years old . I think that this is all pretty neat. Just wanted to pass this on.

There will not be a party but gifts will be expected. They may be purchased from any reputable NOS dealer, please request list of needs on this forum and they will be sent to you ASAP.

Jim

1950 CHAMPION -ORANGE COUNTY, INDIANA
    I'VE SAVED SO MUCH DAYLIGHT THAT THERE'S NO DARK TO SLEEP IN ANYMORE!
    sigpicJimmie
    Orange County, Indiana
    1950 CHAMPION -ORANGE COUNTY, INDIANA

Send "needs" list Jimmie!

Miscreant Studebaker nut in California's central valley.

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
    1960 Larkvertible V8
    1958 Provincial wagon
    1953 Commander coupe
    1957 President two door

No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

Tell SASCo just what you need; I read here they will deliver free parts to Landcaster.

Comment

Pretty neat story. My 1953 Commander's final assembly date is my third birthday July 7, 1953.

Gary Sanders
        Nixa, MO
        President Toy Studebaker Collectors Club. Have an interest in Toy Studebakers? Contact me for details.
        Gary Sanders
        Nixa, MO

Comment

Working...
        X