Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 289cruiser
    replied
    Studebaker parts are not only AVAILABLE , but also inexpensive as you stated compared to some imports.

Had to replace the master cylinder on an import pick up & THE KIT for master cylinder was over 60 bucks, that didn't work & finally HAD to buy a complete cylinder, never again, I'll just but (invest) in another Champ p-up

Louis Moore
    289 Cruiser

Leave a comment:

• studeclunker
    replied
    quote:If I have to replace the tranny, engine w/in 5 years I will still be money ahead & WHO 5 years ago would have thought that collector cars would be bringing the kind of $$ they do today.
    Yes, I think that a lot of people are beginning to realize the lack of quality and substance to the modern cars. They do have a great fit and finish. However, if one makes a vehicle out of crap, no matter how good it looks, it's still crap. Also, many of the owners of new cars aren't willing to suffer the depreciation of new cars anymore. The beauty of a Studebaker is the availibility of parts to keep them running.

Congratulations on a great purchase. That's one beautiful car!

Home of the famous Mr. Ed!
    K.I.S.S. Keep It Simple Studebaker!
    Ron Smith
    Where the heck is Lewiston, CA?

Leave a comment:

• 289cruiser
    replied
    Bams:

You are right on target! Depreciation is a killer in this market today! Bought my wife a '05 SE Camry in '05 (wholesale & most likely the car that would drop the least) than others but now is worth about 10 grand. A 25 grand car new!!

I've found that Studebakers have been very good in returning your investment & making me money - even 4 drs.

If I have to replace the tranny, engine w/in 5 years I will still be money ahead & WHO 5 years ago would have thought that collector cars would be bringing the kind of $$ they do today.

Louis Moore
    289 Cruiser

Leave a comment:

• 65cruiser
    replied
    Well darn, Louis I DO remember that! 12 grand huh, boy was THAT out of my price range. Yeah, still driving the Mopar. It's fun, but not as fun as a Studebaker. I will have another, but need to get college and my daughters wedding <gasp> out of the way first[}]

quote:Originally posted by 289cruiser

THX, MARK,

You may not remember you lookd at a 22,000 mi. Daytona that I had before buying your Cruiser (original pristine car) that I eventually sold to a collector for 12 grand!!

Yes I look forward to getting it here & DRIVING IT!

When are you going to get another? Still driving that Mopar?

Louis Moore
    289 Cruiser
    Mark Anderson
    Member SDC and FMCA
    Keeper of the Studebaker Cruiser Registry
    www.65cruiser.com

Leave a comment:

• bams50
    replied
    Just a little perspective-

If you paid say $10K for a modern car, in a year it'll be worth about $7500. In another year it drops to maybe $6000. In another year, probably $5000 (of course there are several factors that can adjust this a little either way, but the general principle stands).

In 3 years your Stude will still be worth at least what you paid... and you will have the bonus of having enjoyed it during that time[^]

We certainly do need the modern cars, and accept the depreciation; but in context, most nice Studes are a pretty decent investment[8D]

Robert (Bob) Andrews Owner- Studebakeracres- on the IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys!)
    Parish, central NY 13131

"Some people live for the rules, I live for exceptions"- 311

"Do they all not, by mere virtue of having survived as relics of a bygone era, amass a level of respect perhaps not accorded to them when they were new?"

Leave a comment:

• 289cruiser
    replied
    Jim told me that the gasket around the trunk could atand replacing, where & who has the best fitting type of seal & what has been your experiences??

Louis Moore
    289 Cruiser

Leave a comment:

• 289cruiser
    replied
    THX, MARK,

You may not remember you lookd at a 22,000 mi. Daytona that I had before buying your Cruiser (original pristine car) that I eventually sold to a collector for 12 grand!!

Yes I look forward to getting it here & DRIVING IT!

When are you going to get another? Still driving that Mopar?

Louis Moore
    289 Cruiser

Leave a comment:

• 65cruiser
    replied
    That Cruiser is a near twin to my ex-Cruiser. Enjoy the car and don't forget to put it in the Cruiser Registry!

Mark Anderson
    Member SDC and FMCA
    Keeper of the Studebaker Cruiser Registry
    www.65cruiser.com

Leave a comment:

• 289cruiser
    replied
    Bams50
    Thx for the reassurance - I've got so many positive comments on this car already it is UNREAL!

I will not make the statement again "jumped off the bridge" although I've NEVER paid that kind of $$ for a 4 dr Studebaker.

Louis Moore
    289Cruiser

Leave a comment:

• BobPalma
    replied
    That's a nice car indeed, Louis; I remember seeing it at York as well. SMOOOOTH ride! Enjoy! BP

Leave a comment:

• 289cruiser
    replied
    Still looking for a transport deal to move this car from Martinsburg W
    VA to Atlanta.Anybody coming this way with an empty trailer/truck?

I hate to put that calibre of vehicle on a LONG trip!

Louis Moore
    289 Cruiser

Leave a comment:

• 289cruiser
    replied
    Bambs50, you know how it is when at an auction & you bid & ultimately buy a car that you really like, others say it's a dog, you still like it then after paying for it, getting it back & it still looks good, makes money you want to go & thank the auctioneer? It has happened to me in the past when bidding at auctions, just felt good bout the whole thing-just think what a good paint job costs now days, not to mention the interior!

Besides I've still got a soft spot for 4 drs, even if it is not a Daytona 2 dr hardtop! (Already got that one)
    Louis Moore
    289 Cruiser

Leave a comment:

• bams50
    replied
    That car was beautiful throughout- but I couldn't get past the paint on it- looked like it was solid metallic, about a foot deep... stunning[8D]

Never fear about the 4 door naysayers... you keep saying you "jumped off the bridge", but I think you actually stepped into the showroom!

I'd sure love one more look at it at Lancaster next week...... c'mon, how about it??

Robert (Bob) Andrews Owner- Studebakeracres- on the IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys!)
    Parish, central NY 13131

"Some people live for the rules, I live for exceptions"- 311

"Do they all not, by mere virtue of having survived as relics of a bygone era, amass a level of respect perhaps not accorded to them when they were new?"

Leave a comment:

• tomnoller
    replied
    Beautiful car, Louis! Looks like a cover car for Turning Wheels!
    You done good.

Western Washington, USA

Leave a comment:

• 289cruiser
    replied
    THX Mr Biggs!

Jim Ferner in Martinsburg W Va - had the car at York recently & a LONG post was here as to condition, likes, dislikes (4 dr mostly)

however I AM the one that "jumped off the bridge" & bought one of those "worthless" 4 drs that are so comfortable & nice to use as a daily driver - besides, who else owns a car that was totally refurbished (the right word?) on the inside by White Post fame? Looks like a ton of money was spent on paint, interior etc that would most likely cost twice as much here in Atlanta.

Louis Moore
    289 cruiser

Leave a comment:

Working...
X