bought Jims Cruiser

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bought Jims Cruiser

O K guys, I've always been a sucker for the 4 dr Cruisers, always took one as a field car when reg. mgr @ Stude - they're comfortable!

I know, I know, 4 drs don't sell like hardtops. This one I will most likely keep as a driver & take to shows & club meetings etc.

I've still got "black lightning" w/the LTI Vette drivetrain(62 custom Daytona street rod hardtop) & figure at my age (70) I deserve some comfort. maybe I'll sell the hot rod. (my excuse to the wife, besides SHE can drive the Cruiser too!)

Jumped off the bridge & paid Jims price (where else can you get a car that has been restored by White post inside & painted outside for that kind of money???) however I now need someone that is going theu Martinsburg to drop it off here in Atlanta just south of the Atl airport (1 mile off i-75) Anybody coming this way that needs some extra dough? (Contacted Pegs but not got their quote yet)

Louis Moore
    289cruiser

62 Daytona stret rod
    NOW Jims 64 Cruiser

quote:Originally posted by 289cruiser

O K guys, I've always been a sucker for the 4 dr Cruisers, always took one as a field car when reg. mgr @ Stude - they're comfortable!
    I know, I know, 4 drs don't sell like hardtops. This one I will most likely keep as a driver & take to shows & club meetings etc.
    I've still got "black lightning" w/the LTI Vette drivetrain(62 custom Daytona street rod hardtop) & figure at my age (70) I deserve some comfort. maybe I'll sell the hot rod. (my excuse to the wife, besides SHE can drive the Cruiser too!)
    Jumped off the bridge & paid Jims price (where else can you get a car that has been restored by White post inside & painted outside for that kind of money???) however I now need someone that is going theu Martinsburg to drop it off here in Atlanta just south of the Atl airport (1 mile off i-75) Anybody coming this way that needs some extra dough? (Contacted Pegs but not got their quote yet)
    Congratulations. You have bought one fine car (I know it personally). You will certainly find it to be one of the most comfortable cars ever.
    Why don't you just catch a flight to Dulles and have Jim pick you up. Then you can drive the car back to Atlanta.
    Keep us posted.

Paul Johnson, Wild and Wonderful West Virginia
    '53 Commander Starliner (since 1966)
    '64 Daytona Wagonaire (original owner)
    '64 Daytona Convertible (2006)
    Museum R-4 engine
    1962 Gravely Model L (Studebaker-Packard serial plate)
    1972 Gravely Model 430 (Studebaker name plate, Studebaker Onan engine)
    Paul Johnson, Wild and Wonderful West Virginia.
    '64 Daytona Wagonaire, '64 Avanti R-1, Museum R-4 engine, '72 Gravely Model 430 with Onan engine

Comment

Congratulations Louis, she looks like a beauty at a very reasonable price. I have a soft spot for 4 doors as well, much more practical for people moving. [^]

<h5>Mark
      '57 Transtar Deluxe
      Vancouver Island

Are you planning to attend the NW Overdrive Tour in Parksville, BC
      May 23 & 24, 2009?
      </h5>
      Mark Hayden
      '66 Commander

Comment

Thx Paul,

I indeed have never seen the car in person, another collector friend (Chevelles, Vettes) says I'm crazy to buy Studes sight unsen, however I've always found our group to be honest & describe a car "just like it is"! It is gratifying to hear from someone like you that it is a "stand up" car!

Yes, I considered driving it home, but so much can happen, lots of "exposure" as my insurance man says.

Comment

Sounds good, even though I have no idea who "Jim" is, or anything about the car. Anyone care to let a Lark fanatic in on the secret??[]

Robert (Bob) Andrews Owner- Studebakeracres- on the IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys!)
          Parish, central NY 13131

"Some people live for the rules, I live for exceptions"- 311

"Do they all not, by mere virtue of having survived as relics of a bygone era, amass a level of respect perhaps not accorded to them when they were new?"

Comment

quote:Originally posted by bams50
            Sounds good, even though I have no idea who "Jim" is, or anything about the car. Anyone care to let a Lark fanatic in on the secret??[]

Robert (Bob) Andrews Owner- Studebakeracres- on the IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys!)
            Parish, central NY 13131
            Bob, this is about that nice light blue '64 Cruiser that was just on e-bay from Virginia. I think even you had positively commented on it.

<h5>Mark
            '57 Transtar Deluxe
            Vancouver Island

Are you planning to attend the NW Overdrive Tour in Parksville, BC
            May 23 & 24, 2009?
            </h5>
            Mark Hayden
            '66 Commander

Comment

Congrats on your purchase from a former owner of this great Cruiser!

Studedude1961
              John Waddell

Comment

A-HA! Thanks, Mark, now I know which car- that IS a beauty!

Parish, central NY 13131

"Do they all not, by mere virtue of having survived as relics of a bygone era, amass a level of respect perhaps not accorded to them when they were new?"

Comment

SORRY GUYS!
                  I should have inserted the E Bay link so that EVERYONE would have know bout it. item # 190248082668 Not sure that this is good now that it has ended, I'm just a plain Ga boy raised in Alabama so don't get mad with me.

Comment

Well, now we can place it, but I was wondering as well - Jim who? Looks like a NICE ride!

Miscreant Studebaker nut in California's central valley.

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
                    1960 Larkvertible V8
                    1958 Provincial wagon
                    1953 Commander coupe
                    1957 President two door

No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

THX Mr Biggs!

Jim Ferner in Martinsburg W Va - had the car at York recently & a LONG post was here as to condition, likes, dislikes (4 dr mostly)

however I AM the one that "jumped off the bridge" & bought one of those "worthless" 4 drs that are so comfortable & nice to use as a daily driver - besides, who else owns a car that was totally refurbished (the right word?) on the inside by White Post fame? Looks like a ton of money was spent on paint, interior etc that would most likely cost twice as much here in Atlanta.

Louis Moore
                      289 cruiser

Comment

Beautiful car, Louis! Looks like a cover car for Turning Wheels!
                        You done good.

Western Washington, USA

Comment

That car was beautiful throughout- but I couldn't get past the paint on it- looked like it was solid metallic, about a foot deep... stunning[8D]

Never fear about the 4 door naysayers... you keep saying you "jumped off the bridge", but I think you actually stepped into the showroom!

I'd sure love one more look at it at Lancaster next week...... c'mon, how about it??

Parish, central NY 13131

Comment

Bambs50, you know how it is when at an auction & you bid & ultimately buy a car that you really like, others say it's a dog, you still like it then after paying for it, getting it back & it still looks good, makes money you want to go & thank the auctioneer? It has happened to me in the past when bidding at auctions, just felt good bout the whole thing-just think what a good paint job costs now days, not to mention the interior!

Besides I've still got a soft spot for 4 drs, even if it is not a Daytona 2 dr hardtop! (Already got that one)
                            Louis Moore
                            289 Cruiser

Comment

Still looking for a transport deal to move this car from Martinsburg W
                              VA to Atlanta.Anybody coming this way with an empty trailer/truck?

I hate to put that calibre of vehicle on a LONG trip!

Louis Moore
                              289 Cruiser

Comment

Working...
                              X