Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I29 Sighting

Greetings,
    I happened to be traveling I-29 yesterday afternoon between Sioux Falls and Sioux City and spotted a Lark being flat bedded and headed North. Looked to be a '63 Convertible and possible a Daytona. At a closing speed of 130 mph some of the details are a guess. Nice car. Belong to anyone on the forum?

wagone and the old R2 Avanti

was it red with a black top being pulled by a dodge?

Evan Davis
    Prairie Bulletin
    Saskatchewan Chapter
    Prince Albert, Sk
    http://www.saskstudebaker.ca/Studebaker.html
    Evan Davis
    Prince Albert, Sk

Comment

Faroguy,
      Yes it was red with a black top. As I was conversing with my wife (beside me, NOT on the cell phone) at the time I didn't notice the brand of vehicle pulling the trailer. So........you were on a rather long haul, apparently. From the quick look I got the Lark looked nice. Hope it is as nice as it looked.

wqagone and R2 Avanti

Comment

Unfortunately that rig wasn't mine, but that would be the travel plan for Frank Van Doorn - 41 Frank here on the forum. He's the North Central Zone Coordinator, and he was no doubt heading for Rapid City for the North Central Zone Meet this weekend. That convertible is as nice as it appeared. At the North central zone meet in 05, it judged 397 points out of 400. It's a 63 Daytona Convertible.

Evan Davis
        Prairie Bulletin
        Saskatchewan Chapter
        Prince Albert, Sk
        http://www.saskstudebaker.ca/Studebaker.html
        Evan Davis
        Prince Albert, Sk

Comment

At 130 mph? I hope you were headed in opposite directions. Otherwise I'd say you're waaay to desperate to see a Stude.
          "Madness...is the exception in individuals, but the rule in groups" - Nietzsche.

Comment

That was 41 Frank headed for the Zone Meet in Rapid City.
            Denny L

Comment

Saw Frank late this afternoon at the meet hotel and said hello. A few cars have shown up so far but I haven't taken a walk-around. After the 10+ hr trip yesterday, only 2 hours of bad sleep and my 5-6 hr trip out to Devil's Tower and back (see pictorial in the Stove Hugger forum) I am too beat to do much else except cool off in my room [|)]

Jeff in ND

'53 Champion Hardtop

Jeff in ND

Comment

quote:Originally posted by Green53

That was 41 Frank headed for the Zone Meet in Rapid City.
                I,ll be arriving tomorrow about mid-morning. I got off to a late start today; staying in Billings tonight.

Craig

Comment

Yes that was a correct ID Evan, that was us traveling to Rapid City. You missed a good one. Several Canadian members were present, Sterling H. and spouse from Regina, SK and the Farmer brothers from Manitoba and of course 8E45E (Craig from Alberta)

Frank van Doorn
                  1962 GT Hawk 4 speed
                  1963 Daytona Conv
                  1941 Champion R-2 Rod
                  Frank van Doorn
                  Omaha, Ne.
                  1962 GT Hawk 289 4 speed
                  1941 Champion streetrod, R-2 Powered, GM 200-4R trans.
                  1952 V-8 232 Commander State "Starliner" hardtop OD

Comment

Working...
                  X