Nice car for the money...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nice car for the money...

If I wasn't getting out of the hobby, I'd certainly be tempted to hit the BIN on this car:

Why are you getting out?

Robert (Bob) Andrews Owner- Studebakeracres- on the IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys!)
    Parish, central NY 13131

"Some people live for the rules, I live for exceptions"- 311

"Do they all not, by mere virtue of having survived as relics of a bygone era, amass a level of respect perhaps not accorded to them when they were new?"

Comment

Snow has come early to Enfield, CT...

Dick Steinkamp
      Bellingham, WA

Dick Steinkamp
      Bellingham, WA

Comment

Well, it looks like someone else thought it was a good buy @ 16K too!!! I kinda figured it wouldn't last long.

Bams-

I'm going to take a break for a while... maybe get back into it all when I'm a little older. I'm a young 32 -single no kids -and have plans to move to Kauai at the end of the year.

And as beautiful and magical a place Kauai is, it's probably one of the worst environments for a Studebaker.... although an Avanti body on a stainless frame might do okay...hmmm...if only someone was making a stainless frame... hey wait a minute!!!!

Anyways, I'm ready to lighten the load and live simply for a while. Studebakers will always be in my blood and someday I'll have one in the driveway again!!!

Comment

Nonsense! I have friends who live in Hawaii and they've driven an Avanti around the big Island for years. Now they live here in Pine Cove. The Stude stayed on the island. So, look around when you arrive. You just might get that wish. Best of both worlds...[8D]

Home of the famous Mr. Ed!
          K.I.S.S. Keep It Simple Studebaker!
          Ron Smith
          Where the heck is Lewiston, CA?
          Home of the famous Mr. Ed!
          K.I.S.S. Keep It Simple Studebaker!
          Ron Smith
          Where the heck is Fawn Lodge, CA?

Comment

You were right on the Avanti, Will![]

Good luck in the future, and I'm pretty sure they have internet in Hawaii- so you can certainly look in here!

BTW- did you get your engine sold?

Robert (Bob) Andrews Owner- Studebakeracres- on the IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys!)
            Parish, central NY 13131

"Some people live for the rules, I live for exceptions"- 311

"Do they all not, by mere virtue of having survived as relics of a bygone era, amass a level of respect perhaps not accorded to them when they were new?"

Comment

I looked at a 1963 Avanti R-1 (Serial# R1222) yesterday that is listed in an Action that is almost as nice as this one. The one I saw is an automatic with A/C that runs cold. It has just over 46.4K on the odometer and runs quite well. The only thing is since it is listed in the public sale ad already published I can't sell it here until after the sale. The car is located in Coopersburg, PA and can be seen here at this website: http://www.macarroauction-realestate...view/index.htm
              sigpicSee you in the future as I write about our past

Comment

Someone stole a really nice Avanti and won't be going to jail.

1964 GT Hawk R2 Clone
                Oakville, Ontario.

Hamilton Chapter
                See you at Niagara 2008 Crossroads Zone Meet July 18-20
                1964 GT Hawk
                PSMCDR 2014
                Best time: 14.473 sec. 96.57 MPH quarter mile
                PSMCDR 2013
                Best time: 14.654 sec. 94.53 MPH quarter

Victoria, Canada

Comment

The engine is still up for grabs...

Comment

I am going to guess that the 30 year Avanti owners do not belong to SDC. In less than a month, the SDC Northeast Zone Meet is being held in Enfield, CT (their town). I think that that would have been the place to take it for sale at a good price without paying eBay fees.

Gary L.
                    Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
                    Studebaker enthusiast much longer
                    Gary L.
                    Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
                    Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Working...
                    X