door sill /rocker plates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• door sill /rocker plates

I'm sure it's been asked 73 hundred-thousand times before, but......... are reproduction door sill/rocker plates available for a 53k? a.k.a.
    (The stainless pieces that have the Studebaker script that trims over the carpet in the door opening) Just in case I'm totally screwing up what they're really called

Don't talk about what you are going to do,... talk about what you have DONE.

Door sills is correct!

Studebaker International has them listed in the current Aug 08
    Turning Wheels at $239.00 a pair (317) 462 3124. Their Web site
    is being discussed on another thread....it appears to be working
    again.

glen
    Nowhere, AZ
    "Freedom Through Vigilance"

Comment

Yep. Contact one of these guys. Studebaker-International has them in their online catalog.

http://studebakervendors.com/

Matthew Burnette
      Hazlehurst, GA

Comment

I bought mine from William Fennesey out of Tn.If you dont have his number hit me off forum and I will give it to you.
        sigpic

Comment

By the way, they are not stainless. They are allyoominium.[)]
          "All attempts to 'rise above the issue' are simply an excuse to avoid it profitably." --Dick Gregory

Brad Johnson, SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
          Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
          sigpic'33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight, '53 Commander Starlight "Désirée"

Comment

I took one of my rotted aluminum ones to a heating and cooling place, had four made for my 55 Land Cruiser (I know). Cost me $70. Now, they don't have the Studebaker name, or the dot pattern, and they are galvanized, but they fit perfectly. And if I want to paint them aluminum I can.

[img=left]http://www.alink.com/personal/tbredehoft/Avatar1.jpg[/img=left]
            Tom Bredehoft
            '53 Commander Coupe
            '55 President (6H Y6) State Sedan
            (Under Construction 452 hrs.)
            '05 Legacy Ltd Wagon
            All Indiana built cars

Comment

How much is an NOS pair worth?
              I will be building a modified 53 hard top and
              I am not sure I want to put them on that.
              Paul

Comment

A NOS set sold on Ebay a number of months ago. They showed some shelf wear and brought big bicks but I don't recall how much. Maybe someone else will remember.
                "All attempts to 'rise above the issue' are simply an excuse to avoid it profitably." --Dick Gregory

Brad Johnson, SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
                Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
                sigpic'33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight, '53 Commander Starlight "Désirée"

Comment

The new repos are MUCH better than those made just a few years ago. The curve actually fits the rocker properly. The old repos did not fit so good even with "tweaking".

Because the new ones fit properly, my guess is that the NOS ones may not bring the same big bucks they did a few years ago. Still more than the repos I'm sure.

Dick Steinkamp
                  Bellingham, WA

Dick Steinkamp
                  Bellingham, WA

Comment

Working...
                  X